Pork with Peanut Sauce
This recipe for Pork with Peanut Sauce is a tasty low-carb or Keto dinner that’s extra easy to make in the slow cooker. And I loved the leftovers from this pork served in lettuce wraps with the peanut sauce!
I love recipes using peanut butter, especially if the recipe has a spicy Asian twist to it. This low-carb and Keto Pork with Peanut Sauce is a recipe I came up with when I had a pork sirloin roast I wanted to cook, I wanted a recipe I could make in the slow cooker, and I was craving peanut butter.
I enjoyed a couple of slices of the roast pork for dinner, and the next day I diced up some of the leftover meat and ate it inside lettuce leaves with the peanut sauce, and I thought it was great both ways. Now flash forward a few years, and I still love the recipe and decided to improve on the photos.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- pork sirloin roast
- Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link), or any seasoning blend that’s good on pork
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- Minced Ginger (affiliate link)
- Minced Garlic (affiliate link)
- smooth natural peanut butter, I like Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (affiliate link)
- tomato sauce
- soy sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate link)
- Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) or sweetener of your choice
- Chili Garlic Sauce (affiliate link)
- chicken stock or canned chicken broth (affiliate link)
What Slow Cooker did I use for the Pork with Peanut Sauce?
This time I cut the pork roast into some pieces to brown it, and cooked it in my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Mini (affiliate link), a flatter, oval shaped slow cooker that gives a you more surface area so more of the meat is covered with sauce when it cooks. But you can make this in any smallish slow cooker you have and it will work beautifully.
What low-sugar peanut butter do I use?
I love Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (affiliate link) and that’s what I used for this recipe. Check out Keto Recipes with Peanut Butter to see lots more tasty things I’ve made with my favorite peanut butter!
Want more ideas for Peanut Sauce?
Check out Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Dinners with Peanut Sauce on my Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker site for more tasty dinner idea! You might also enjoy my recipe for Chicken with Peanut Sauce, which has a bit more Thai flavor going on than this recipe.
How to make Pork with Peanut Sauce in the slow cooker:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- I used one of those inexpensive pork sirloin tip roasts that come in a four-pack at Costco.
- Trim the roast if needed and cut into several pieces, cutting with the grain so you can cut slices against the grain when it’s cooked.
- Rub the meat with Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link) or any spices you like on pork and brown well on both sides.
- Put the browned pieces into the Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Mini or any 3-4 slow cooker.
- Combine Minced Ginger, Minced Garlic, peanut butter, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sweetener, and stock or broth to make the sauce. I buzzed it in the bowl attachment of my immersion blender (affiliate link).
- If you’d like, put the sauce in the pan you browned the meat in and cook for a few minutes, scraping any browned bits off the bottom. (You can skip that step completely if you prefer, but it does add flavor.)
- Pour sauce over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until an Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link) shows the pork has reached at least 145F/65C. (The USDA lowered the safe cooking temperature for pork a few years ago.)
- Cut meat into slices against the grain and serve hot with some of the sauce spooned over, and with extra sauce to add at the table if desired.
More Tasty Dinners with Pork:
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce
- Green Chile Pork Taco Bowl
- Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry with Ginger
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep where you’ll find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 3 lb. pork sirloin roast, fat trimmed
- 1 tsp. Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning, for seasoning the pork before it’s browned (or use any seasoning blend that’s good on pork)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 T minced fresh ginger (see notes)
- 1 T minced fresh garlic (see notes)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter (see notes)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 T soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if needed)
- 3 T Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 2 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce (or more)
- 1/4 C chicken or vegetable stock
- Trim any visible fat from the pork sirloin roast and cut with the grain into several pieces (so you can cut slices against the grain when the meat is done); then rub the roast on all sides with Penzey's Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link), or a seasoning mix of your choice that’s good on pork. (You could use just a blend of garlic powder, salt, and pepper if you don’t have anything else that will work.)
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over high heat and brown the roast well on all sides. Put browned pieces of pork into the slow cooker.
- While the meat browns, in a food processor or the bowl attachment of an Immersion Blender (affiliate link), combine the minced ginger, minced garlic, peanut butter, and tomato sauce and process until the ingredients are well-combined.
- Add the soy sauce, Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) or sweetener of your choice, Chili Garlic Sauce (affiliate link) and chicken or vegetable stock and process again until everything is mixed.
- If you want to add flavor, put the mixed sauce into the frying pan and cook over low heat for a few minutes, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the frying pan. (You can skip that step if you prefer.)
- Pour sauce over the meat in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until the roast is tender and internal reaches at least 145F. I would test it with an Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link).
- When it’s done, remove meat from the slow cooker and let it rest for a few minutes.
- If the sauce looks separated, whisk it for a minute to combine.
- Slice meat against the grain into slices about 1/2 inch thick and serve with sauce drizzled over.
Minced garlic and ginger from a jar is fine for this recipe. Choose peanut butter with the least sugar, I like Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (affiliate link).
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 956mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 76g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
It’s important to use low-sugar peanut butter and an approved sweetener to make this Pork with Peanut Sauce if you want this recipe to be low-carb or Keto or approved for the original South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Slow Cooker Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2012. It was updated with better photos in 2017. The recipe was last updated with more information in 2023.