Low-Carb Slow Cooker (or Pressure Cooker) Pork Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Low-Carb Pork Sirloin Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce started with a craving for peanut butter, and this is an easy slow cooker or pressure cooker dinner. Use Slow Cooker Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
It’s true that I never liked peanut butter sandwiches when I was a kid (and still don’t) but I love recipes using peanut butter, especially if the recipe has a spicy Asian twist to it. This Low-Carb Pork Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce is a recipe I came up with about five years ago when I had a pork sirloin roast I wanted to cook, I had a lot of work to do, and I was craving peanut butter.
I enjoyed a couple of slices of the roast pork for dinner, and the next day I diced up some of the leftover meat and ate it inside lettuce leaves, and I thought it was great both ways. Now flash forward a few years, and I still love the recipe and thought I could improve on the photos. And I know that in 2017 someone is going to ask about making this in the Instant Pot (affiliate link), so I’m going to add some pressure cooker directions for this favorite way to cook pork roast just for those of you who’d like to make this recipe in the pressure cooker instead.
This time I cut the pork roast into some pieces to brown it, and also cooked it in my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Mini (affiliate link), a flatter, oval shaped slow cooker that gives a you more surface area so more of the meat is covered with sauce when it cooks. But you can make this in any smallish slow cooker you have and it will work beautifully.
How to Make Low-Carb Slow Cooker (or Pressure Cooker) Pork Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- I used one of those inexpensive pork sirloin tip roasts that come in a four-pack at Costco. Trim the roast if needed and cut into several pieces, cutting with the grain so you can cut slices against the grain when it’s cooked.
- Rub the meat with Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link) or any spices you like on pork and brown well on both sides.
- Put the browned pieces into the Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Mini (affiliate link) or any 3-4 slow cooker.
- Combine minced ginger, minced garlic, peanut butter, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sweetener, and stock to make the sauce. I buzzed it in the bowl attachment of my immersion blender (affiliate link).
- If you’d like, put the sauce in the pan you browned the meat in and cook for a few minutes, scraping any browned bits off the bottom. (You can skip that step completely.)
- Pour sauce over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until an Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link) shows the pork has reached at least 145F/65C. (The USDA lowered the safe cooking temperature for pork a few years ago.)
- Cut meat into slices against the grain and serve hot with some of the sauce spooned over, and with extra sauce to add at the table if desired.
More Tasty Recipes with Pork:
Easy Pan-Fried Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork ~ Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Green Chile Pork Taco Bowl ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker Cuban Pork ~ Belly Full
Slow Cooker Bavarian Pork Sirloin Tip Roast with Sour Cream Gravy ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Tacos ~ Well Plated
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
I originally used a Crock-Pot 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker (affiliate link) for this recipe. This time I made it in the Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Mini (affiliate link); any small slow cooker will work. There are also directions for making this in the Instant Pot (affiliate link) or another electric pressure cooker. Minced garlic and ginger from a jar is fine for this recipe. Choose peanut butter with the least sugar, I like Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (affiliate link). This recipe created by Kalyn.
Pressure Cooker Instructions:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 956mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 76g
I originally used a Crock-Pot 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker (affiliate link) for this recipe. This time I made it in the Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Mini (affiliate link); any small slow cooker will work. There are also directions for making this in the Instant Pot (affiliate link) or another electric pressure cooker.
Minced garlic and ginger from a jar is fine for this recipe. Choose peanut butter with the least sugar, I like Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter (affiliate link).
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
It’s important to use low-sugar peanut butter and an approved sweetener if you want this recipe to be low-carb or South Beach Diet approved.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there. Click to see Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker Recipes on my other site!