Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Red Pepper
I loved the Greek flavors in this Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Red Pepper and this tasty low-carb salad is great either warm or cold!
This Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Red Pepper is a recipe I came up with a few years ago when I had cauliflower in the vegetable crisper that needed to be used. I loved the salad and made it a few more times through the years, but it never was that popular on the blog. So recently I decided this salad must have better photos to get you guys to appreciate how absolutely amazing it is!
And wow, did I ever enjoying eating the leftovers, which lasted for several days in the fridge. So even though we’re probably just barely on the cusp of salad weather this year, I’m sharing it with my very enthusiastic recommendation to make this salad right away!
It’s made with roasted cauliflower and the salad is even quite good served warm, so I guess that makes this perfect for a salad to make when you’re still willing to turn on the oven. Of course, you know how I am when I update a recipe; I made a couple of tiny changes. I decided this time to roast the red peppers with the cauliflower, which I thought was a nice change. And I slightly increased the amount of Feta cheese and capers, and upped the amount of dressing just a bit to make it an even more tangy combination of flavors.
I’m calling it a salad, because it’s good eaten at room temperature or even cold, but you can definitely serve this warm and call it a side dish if you’d like. And if you like those Greek flavors and are a fan of Roasted Cauliflower, I bet you’re going to like it as much as I did.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Red Pepper:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut the cauliflower into smallish bite-sized pieces.
- Cut a large red bell pepper into half-inch pieces.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, Greek Seasoning (affiliate link), and black pepper. (See what’s in Greek seasoning if you don’t have the blend.)
- Put the cauliflower and red pepper pieces into a bowl and toss well with the dressing, until all the veggie pieces are at least partly coated with dressing.
- Spread out the cauliflower and peppers in a single layer on a large baking sheet and put it in the oven to roast.
- Let the cauliflower roast without turning for 30 minutes. Here’s how it looked when it came out of the oven.
- While the vegetables roast, rinse the capers and let them drain. (This might be optional, but I usually rinse them.)
- Thinly slice the green onion, both white and green parts.
- If you’d like you can just crumble the Feta, but I cut it into small squares which I enjoyed biting into when I was eating the salad.
- Toss the hot cauliflower and peppers with the Feta (in the same bowl) and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Then stir in the capers and thinly sliced green onion. Season to taste with more fresh ground pepper as desired and serve.
Make it a Meal:
I’d eat this Roasted Cauliflower Salad lunch as a main-dish salad, but it would also be great for dinner as a side dish for something like Very Greek Grilled Chicken or Sumac-Rubbed Salmon Roasted in Olive Oil. (And I ate my leftovers for breakfast two days in a row and thoroughly enjoyed it as well!)
More Delicious Recipes with Cauliflower:
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Here is a recipe for Greek Seasoning if you want to try making your own. Recipe created by Kalyn when she had cauliflower in the fridge that needed to be used. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1012mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
Here is a recipe for Greek Seasoning if you want to try making your own.
Recipe created by Kalyn when she had cauliflower in the fridge that needed to be used.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Cauliflower is a perfect low-glycemic vegetable for the original South Beach Diet, and this Low-Carb Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Red Pepper is also perfect for other low-carb eating plans, including Keto.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to find more recipes like this one.Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This salad with cauliflower, Feta, capers, and red pepper was first posted April 2014. Updated with better photos and slight improvements to the recipe April 2020.