10 Minute Greek Yogurt Dessert with Agave, Dark Chocolate, and Pecans
This 10 Minute Greek Yogurt Dessert with Agave, Dark Chocolate, and Pecans really is quick and easy for a dessert recipe that’s relatively low in carbs! Check out Dessert Recipes for more low-carb and carb-conscious dessert options.
If there’s one thing I know about low-carb eaters, it’s that there are some people who would never splurge on an easy dessert like this 10 Minute Greek Yogurt Dessert with Agave, Dark Chocolate, and Pecans for a special occasion, while there are other people who absolutely would enjoy it. If you’re strictly avoiding carbs, I’m going to send you to visit The BEST Low-Carb Chocolate Desserts, where you can find Valentine’s Day desserts that are much lower in carbs than this one!
But if you like the idea of a 10 minute dessert that tastes amazing and are willing to splurge for a special occasion, let me tell you how delicious and easy this is! You can use sugar-free maple syrup instead of agave if you want to save some carbs, and it only takes the tiniest amount of shaved dark chocolate to add some chocolate flavor. And not only does it taste amazing, this dessert is so simple to make you don’t really need a recipe.
How to Make 10 Minute Greek Yogurt Dessert with Agave, Dark Chocolate, and Pecans:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- It only took a small amount of dark chocolate to make enough shaved dark chocolate for two servings.
- Coarsely chop the pecans if you’re using them.
- Put 5-6 oz. Greek Yogurt each into two parfait dishes and drizzle with a little agave nectar (or use sugar-free maple syrup if you prefer.)
- Then sprinkle with the shaved dark chocolate and pecans and enjoy!
- And if you’ve ever been to Greece and had Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts, this is a spin-off from that classic Greek dessert!
- 10 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. agave nectar (see notes)
- 4 tsp. shaved dark chocolate
- 2 T chopped pecans (optional)
- Use the fine side of a cheese grater to make the shaved dark chocolate.
- Chop pecans if using.
- Put Greek yogurt into two dessert dishes and drizzle with desired amount of agave or sugar-free maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with a few teaspoons of shaved dark chocolate and chopped pecans and serve!
Use sugar-free maple syrup instead of agave if you prefer. Be sure to look for a dark chocolate that's low in sugar.
Recipe developed by Kalyn with inspiration from Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts that she had in Greece many years ago! I originally made this with Hazelnut flavored agave, which is delicious if you can find it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 54mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 16g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This 10 Minute Greek Yogurt Dessert with Agave, Dark Chocolate, and Pecans does have some carbs, so it could only be an occasional treat for the South Beach Diet or any low-carb diet plan.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.