Flourless, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies (VIDEO)
If I had to pick my favorite sugar-free cookies, there’s no doubt it would be these Flourless, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies that are low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and South Beach Diet Phase Two! Use the Diet-Type Index to find more recipes like this one.
Way back in 2007 I spotted a recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies on Cookie Madness, and you can imagine how the world *flourless* caught my eye in that recipe title. I’ve made quite a few Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Cookies since those days, but these Flourless, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies that I adapted from Anna’s recipe are still my favorites. If you like peanut butter cookies, I promise you’ll love this healthier version.
(Flourless, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies were updated with better photos, December 2015.)
Beat together the egg, sweetener, baking powder, and vanilla, then beat in the peanut butter and water. Stir in the chopped peanuts if using.
Scoop out a heaping teaspoon of batter for each cookie and roll into balls, then smash down with a fork. Bake at 350F/180C for about 15 minutes.
Because there’s no flour, these cookies are delicate, so handle them carefully. But they’re also delicious and rich-tasting, enjoy!
More Tasty Ideas for Low-Sugar Treats:
15 Delicious Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Cookies ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls ~ Peace Love and Low Carb
3-Ingredient Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Fudge ~ Sugar-Free Mom
Low-Carb No Bake Peanut Butter Bars ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Flourless, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granular Stevia-in-the-Raw Granulated Sweetener (or use Splenda or another sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)1 cup creamy natural peanut butter (check sugar content, the one I used had only 1 gram sugar per serving)
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter (check sugar content, the one I used had only 1 gram sugar per serving)
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In mixing bowl, use electric beater to beat together the egg, Granulated Stevia or sweetener of your choice, baking powder, and vanilla for about a minute.
- Add peanut butter and water and beat together. (The mixture was fairly dry; just be sure the peanut butter is mixed well with the other ingredients.)
- Add peanuts if using, and blend into dough.
- Use a large non-stick cookie sheet. Measure out a heaping teaspoon of batter for each cookie, roll into a ball, and then smash down with a fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, or slightly longer, until cookies feel firm and are slightly browned.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Of course since there’s no flour or sugar these are a low-carb cookie, low-glycemic, Keto, and gluten-free cookie. They’re also much more South Beach Diet friendly than than a normal cookie, but if you’re following South Beach, nut flours are limited to phase 2 or 3. No matter what diet plan you’re following, you may want to use portion control if you’re actively trying to lose weight.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into Calorie Count, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.