Quick and Easy BLT Salad
This Quick and Easy BLT Salad will hit the spot when you need an easy lunch salad or a side dish for a low-carb meal! And this tasty salad is low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and can be Paleo with the right dressing ingredients! Use Salad Recipes to find more salads like this one.
By the time you read this I’ll be headed for Chicago, where I’ll be attending Eat Write Retreat as well as exploring a few Chicago restaurants with my real-life and blogging friend Stephanie. I’m scheduling a few recipes to post while I’m gone, starting with this Quick and Easy BLT Salad that I made recently with Kara. We gobbled up the salad, and both of us loved how much bacon flavor we could get with only a small amount of crumbled bacon. Because, bacon!
And I’m not going to be shy about admitting it, this salad was inspired by the purchase of a package of Kirkland Bacon Crumbles that jumped into my cart at Costco. I don’t eat a lot of bacon, but I’ve learned it doesn’t take much bacon to add great bacon flavor to some recipes, and it’s something I splurge on occasionally. Kirkland Bacon Crumbles are pieces of cooked crumbled bacon that come in a package that needs refrigeration; I wouldn’t use the dried bacon bits for this salad. Of course, if you’re a bacon purist you’re welcome to cook your own bacon and crumble it for the salad. It won’t be quite as quick and easy if you do that, but the salad will be amazing either way.
The tomatoes are the highest-carb ingredient here, so if you’re strictly limiting your carbs you might want to use less tomatoes than I did. But seriously, no matter how you adjust the recipe this Quick and Easy BLT Salad is always going to be quick, easy, and delicious!
You want the flavors well-distributed in the salad, so chop the lettuce fairly small. Wash lettuce (in a salad spinner if you have one) and cut up tomatoes, slice green onions, and measure the bacon crumbles.
Whisk together dressing ingredients (or use your favorite purchased no-sugar vinaigrette.) Toss the lettuce with the dressing, then add the other ingredients and toss again.
If you have garden-fresh tomatoes to make this, the salad will be even better, but even with the early summer cherry tomatoes I used it was amazing!
More Tasty Low-Carb Salads with Bacon:
Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Salad ~ My Gluten-Free Kitchen
Low-Carb Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Garden Salad with Shrimp and Bacon ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Shaved Asparagus Salad with Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Buttermilk Vinaigrette ~ Foodie with Family
Quick and Easy BLT Salad
When you need a quick lunch or pot-luck salad, this Quick and Easy BLT Salad will hit the spot!
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, chopped small and washed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (use more or less tomatoes to taste and depending on how many carbs you prefer)
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (see notes)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- finely minced garlic or garlic powder to taste (optional, I used about 1/2 tsp. finely minced garlic)
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- (Or use your favorite purchased vinaigrette dressing with no sugar if you prefer)
- Remove the end and any damaged outer leaves from the Romaine lettuce; then use a big knife to chop the lettuce into small pieces.
- Wash lettuce (in salad spinner if you have one, or wash in the sink and dry with paper towels.)
- Cut up tomatoes or cut cherry tomatoes in half, slice green onions.
- Measure desired amount of crumbled bacon.
- Whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic dressing, garlic or garlic powder (if using), salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Put the chopped romaine into a bowl and toss with the dressing. Add other ingredients and toss again.
- Serve right away.
I used Kirkland Bacon Crumbles for this salad, but of course you can cook your own bacon and crumble it. Check bacon ingredients if you’re making this for Paleo diet.
Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet ? South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Quick and Easy BLT Salad would be good for low-carb and low-glycemic diets, and personally I’d eat it for the South Beach Diet as well. The South Beach Diet doesn’t recommend bacon because it contains saturated fat, but it doesn’t take a lot of bacon to make this salad and new research is showing that saturated fat is not harmful. If you’re strictly watching carbs, you might want to use less tomatoes because that’s the highest-carb ingredient here.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.