Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets
Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets cook on the grill in about 15 minutes or you can cook them in the oven for a bit longer, and this was as easy as it was delicious!
Grilling season is winding down but you can make these Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets on the grill or in the oven and they’re perfect for an easy dinner! Recently I posted a new recipe for Low-Carb Tin Foil Dinners that were a huge hit on the blog. So that made me decide to create a new category for Foil Dinners, and also to remind you about these interesting and delicious Greek Chicken Packets if you haven’t tried this recipe yet.
This idea just popped into my head one day and after a couple of experiments I came up with a version that Kara and I both thought was amazing. And this could NOT be easier, seriously. Start by cutting two red peppers and four chicken breasts into lengthwise strips while you heat the grill to medium-high. (You’ll turn it down when you put the packets on the grill.) Make double thick pieces of foil and spray with non-stick spray. Then put some red pepper strips, some chicken strips, drizzle a little olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and Greek Seasoning, and sprinkle with a generous amount of Feta. Carefully fold up the packets so they’re not too tight, turn down the grill to medium-low, and cook 15 minutes. That’s it! Dinner is served!
If you want to cook these Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets in the oven they’ll need about 10-15 minutes longer at 450F/230C to cook the chicken through. I think cooking on the grill is slightly better but you can get good results in the oven too. And someone is going to ask about using foil, so let me say that I absolutely am not worried about cooking in foil, especially since I only do it a few times each year. If you’re concerned about that, then obviously this recipe is not for you; maybe try my ultra popular Very Greek Grilled Chicken recipe instead! If you like this idea, you can use Foil Dinners to find more recipes like this one.
How to Wrap the Foil for Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets:
- Pull the edges of the short sides of the foil up so it tents above the chicken (very important).
- Then fold two two edges over so it’s sealed on top.
- Fold and seal the two sides, folding the foil over several times for a leak-proof seal.
- As you’re sealing each of the ends, try to keep the middle part of the foil packets up off the food so the melted Feta doesn’t stick to the foil.
How to Make Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- Preheat grill to medium high or preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Cut 2 large red bell peppers into lengthwise strips.
- Cut 3 chicken breasts into same-thickness lengthwise strips.
- Tear off 4 long pieces of foil, then fold in half and spray the inside of each with non-stick spray.
- On each 2 stacked pieces of foil put one-fourth of the red pepper strips and one-fourth of the chicken breast strips.
- Drizzle each one with a little olive oil and season generously with salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and Greek Seasoning.
- Sprinkle one-fourth of the Feta cheese over each one.
- Use instructions above to wrap the foil packets so there is a space at the top to keep the cheese from sticking on to the foil.
- Put packets on the grill (or in the oven). If using the grill turn heat down to medium-low. (If you’re using a charcoal grill, pile up the charcoal in the center; then cook the packets around the outside edge of the grill.)
- Cook the Greek Chicken Packets for 15 minutes for the grill or 25-30 minutes for the oven; then open one carefully to make sure they’re done.
- Serve Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets hot!
Make it a Meal:
This would taste great with something like a Low-Carb Cucumber Salad for an easy side dish.
More Tasty Greek Chicken You Might Like:
Very Greek Grilled Chicken ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Greek Chicken Souvlaki ~ Oh Sweet Basil
One-Pan Low-Carb Greek Skillet Chicken ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Greek Grilled Chicken Salad ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Marinate-All-Day Greek Lemon Chicken ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Chicken in Lemon Sauce with Olives ~ The View from Great Island
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- non-stick spray for foil
- 8 tsp. olive oil for drizzling over chicken and peppers
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. Greek Seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 6 oz. crumbled Feta (or less if you’re not a huge Feta fan)
- sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut off ends and remove seeds from peppers, then cut into lengthwise strips about 3/8 inches wide.
- Trim any fat or undesirable parts from chicken breasts and cut into lengthwise strips (about 4 strips per breast, or more if some are larger.)
- Crumble the Feta so it’s ready to use.
- Prepare four double-thick pieces of foil. (Tear off a long piece, then fold in half.)
- Put foil pieces out on the counter top and spray the center of each with non-stick cooking spray (affiliate link). When we used olive oil, it burned on the foil.
- Put one-fourth of the red pepper strips in the center of each piece of foil, topped with one-fourth of the chicken breast strips.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken and season to taste with salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and Greek Seasoning (affiliate link). (Remember that Feta and Greek Seasoning both have salt.)
- Sprinkle one-fourth of the crumbled Feta over the top of each.
- You want to seal the packets so there is some room at the top, otherwise the melting Feta will stick to the foil. Do that by lifting the ends of the short sides of the foil up and folding over to make a seal (while you hold it up.) Then fold the other two ends so the packet is sealed.
- Turn grill down to medium-low (or for charcoal, pile up the charcoal in the center and put the packets around the outside edges of the grill.)
- Put packets on the grill and cook for 15 minutes (without turning!)
- After 15 minutes, carefully open one packet to be sure the chicken is done.
- Serve hot, with sliced green onions for garnish if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 49g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Greek Chicken Foil Packets are a perfect dish for any low-carb or Keto diet plan, as well as all phases of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.