Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping (Video)
Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping is a wonderful dessert when you just need a treat! And this tasty cheesecake is low-carb, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and can be South Beach Diet friendly. Use Dessert Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you might want to make
Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping!
Weeks ago I shared the recipe for Low-Carb No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert. And now that the weather is going to be getting warmer soon I’m following it up with this Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping that has to be baked. My bad. But I didn’t want to wait until next winter to share the updated photos for this recipe that I first posted in 2006, even if my timing was a little off!
I originally shared both those recipes in a single post, back in the days when blogging events were the thing to do and my friend Sam of Becks and Posh switched up an event usually called Sugar High Friday into one featuring recipes that were low in sugar. Sam has long since moved on from her blog, and I decided it was time for these two recipes to move on as well, each one into a post of its own with brand-spanking new photos!
And don’t think me lacking in humility by calling this FANTASTIC Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping! Even though it really is pretty fantastic, the name came from the recipe I adapted from a low-carb cookbook; see below for more details! The original recipe called for a home-made graham cracker crust, which I skipped for this updated version as well, for even less carbs.
Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Put softened cream cheese into a bowl and beat it until creamy with a hand mixer. Then add eggs, one at a time, beating between each one to combine. Add the sweetener, sour cream, and lemon juice and beat again until smooth.
Spray a 9 inch springform pan pan or a 9 inch square glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. Pour in the cheesecake batter and bake about 45 minutes, or until the center is just barely firm. (If you want to bake in a water bath, you can prevent those cracks, but it’s not something I was worried about!) When cheesecake is barely firm, let it cool for about 30 minutes; then cover with cling-wrap and chill in the fridge. Slice and serve with cherry topping or berries.
The no-sugar added cherry topping I used only adds about 6 carbs per serving when you cut the cheesecake into 8 servings, but it does contain a small amount of artificial sweetener. If you don’t want to use that I’d serve this with fresh berries on top for a low-carb dessert that’s really a treat!
More Tasty Low-Carb Desserts You Might Like:
Six Delicious Sugar-Free and Flourless Cookies ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
The BEST Low-Carb Chocolate Desserts ~ featured for Low-Carb Recipe Love on Kalyn’s Kitchen
The Best Low-Carb Coconut Dessert Recipes ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Low-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse ~ Sugar-Free Mom
Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping
Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping is a wonderful dessert when you need a treat!
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (softened at room temperature for at least 1 hour)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 T granulated Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your choice (I find Monkfruit to taste less sweet than other sweeteners, so if you’re using another sweetener you may not need the additional 2 tablespoons of sweetener.)
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (see notes)
- 1 can (20 oz.) Duncan Hines No Sugar Added Pie Filling or fresh berries for topping
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature at least an hour before you start making the cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 350F/175 C.
- Put cream cheese into a bowl and use hand mixer to blend cream cheese at low speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well between each.
- Add sour cream, Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your choice, and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan pan or a 9 inch square glass casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake about 45 minutes or until the center is just barely firm when pressed with your finger.
- Cool on the counter for about 30 minutes, then cover with cling-wrap and chill several hours before serving.
- Serve with 2-3 T Duncan Hines No Sugar Added Pie Filling or fresh berries spooned over the cheesecake.
Some links in this recipe are affiliate links.
I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice.
This recipe adapted from Six Ingredients Or Less: Low-Carb Cookingby Carlean Johnson.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Made with approved sweetener and using a low-carb pie filling or fresh berries as a topping, this Fantastic Low-Carb Cheesecake with Cherry Topping should be okay for low-carb or low-glycemic eating plans. It could be suitable for Phase 2 or 3 of the South Beach Diet if you use low-fat cream cheese and sour cream.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.