Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche (Video)
When you’re craving the flavors of Pepperoni Pizza but don’t want the carbs, this Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche will always be a winner!
During January all the low-carb eaters who overindulged during the holidays go back to low-carb eating with a vengeance! I can relate to that myself so I always try to start out the year with some low-carb recipes that will help people to not feel deprived when they’re getting back on track. That’s why so many popular recipes with pizza flavors like Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole and Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake made their first appearance on the blog during January!
And this year I’m excited to share this new recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche! This crustless quiche was such a wow for us when we tested the recipe, and I loved it for leftovers when I warmed some up for breakfast the next day as well.
And it’s a fun story about how I got the recipe! During December I shared a collection of The Best Low-Carb and Keto Crustless Quiche Recipes. When that post went out to the e-mail subscibers, a faithful reader name Cherie sent me her family’s favorite quiche recipe. This is the same Cherie who sent her husband’s recipe that I adapted a bit and posted as Chester’s Low-Carb Southwestern Egg Skillet on the blog, and that recipe has certainly been a hit.
Cherie’s Pepperoni Pizza Quiche had a crust, which of course we eliminated, and we made a few other little changes to come up with this Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche that I know you are going to love! So once again Thank You to Cherie for sharing another great recipe idea with the Kalyn’s Kitchen readers!
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- We used mushrooms and sliced black olives and a generous amount of Italian Herb Blend (affiliate link) to combine with the pepperoni and cheese and make this crustless quiche have those pizza flavors so many people love.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C and spray a glass or ceramic pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook the mushrooms until they have released their liquid and are slightly browned.
- Drain a small can of sliced black olives.
- Combine the two kinds of cheese in a bowl and mix in 1 tsp. Italian Herb Blend.
- Put the cheese/dried herb mixture into the pie plate.
- Then beat 4 eggs with the heavy cream and a little garlic powder and add it to the cheese.
- Stir with a fork until the cheese and eggs/cream mixture is completely combined.
- Make a layer of the browned mushrooms over the top.
- Add the sliced olives among the mushrooms, and then cover the top with an overlapping layer of pepperoni. (It will shrink quite a bit as it cooks, as you can see, so don’t worry about using too much pepperoni.)
- Sprinkle the rest of the Italian Herb Blend over the pepperoni.
- Bake the Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche 30-35 minutes, or until the quiche is completely firm and the pepperoni is starting to slightly brown.
Serve hot. The inspiring recipe suggested the idea of spooning some pizza sauce over each wedge of quiche, but we didn’t try that.
More Low-Carb Dishes with Pizza Flavors:
55+ Delicious Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Recipes with Pizza Flavors ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza-Stuffed Peppers ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Broccoli Pizza Crust ~ Well Plated
Low-Carb Egg-Crust Breakfast Pizza ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers ~ A Spicy Perspective
Julia Child’s Eggplant Pizzas~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. olive oil (for browning mushrooms)
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained well (Olives are optional but they're good if you like olives on pizza.)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian Blend cheese (sometimes called Pizza cheese)
- 1 tsp. + 1/2 tsp. Italian Herb blend
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (see notes)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray a 9 - 10 inch glass pie dish with non-stock spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. (I used my favorite 12" Green Pan Ceramic Non-Stick Frying Pan.)
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms release the liquid, the liquid evaporates, and mushrooms are cooked and lightly brown.
- While mushrooms cook, dump olives into a colander placed in the sink and let them them drain well.
- Combine the Mozzarella and Italian Blend Cheese in a bowl and sprinkle over the 1 tsp. Italian Herb Blend (affiliate link). Stir the cheese with a fork so the dried herbs are evenly distributed in the cheese. Place the cheese in the pie dish.
- Beat the eggs with a fork, then mix in the heavy cream, half and half, or milk and the garlic powder.
- Mix the egg/cream mixture into the cheese in the pie dish, stirring well with a fork until all the cheese is completely coated with the egg mixture.
- Make a layer of browned mushrooms on top of the cheese/egg mixture. Top that with the sliced olives if using.
- Arrange the pepperoni slices in an overlapping layer over the top of the mushrooms and olives. Sprinkle with the other 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Herb Blend.
- Bake the quiche 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs are completely set and the pepperoni is starting to brown.
- Let quiche cool 3-5 minutes (it will sink down slightly as it cools. Serve hot.
- This will keep for several days in the refrigerator and reheats well in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
Use half and half or milk instead of heavy cream if you prefer.
This recipe adapted from a Pepperoni Pizza Quiche recipe sent to me by Cherie, who also shared the recipe for Chester's Low-Carb Southwestern Egg Skillet!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche is a good breakfast recipe for low-carb or Keto diets. This would be too high in fat for the South Beach Diet, but if you used low-carb milk, turkey pepperoni, and low-fat cheese you could make a South Beach Diet friendly version that I bet would still be really good.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to find more low-carb and Keto breakfast ideas like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.