Low-Carb Autumn Tin Foil Dinners
Make Low-Carb Autumn Tin Foil Dinners on the grill or in the oven; they will be quick and delicious no matter how you cook them!
I think this idea for Low-Carb Autumn Tin Foil Dinners popped into my mind because the Low-Carb Tin Foil Dinners I posted in August were such a big hit. But those had much more of a summer vibe going on and these tin foil dinners with fall ingredients are a fun idea to celebrate the new season.
And yes, today marks the arrival of fall in the northern hemisphere, and although I don’t like cold weather one little bit, luckily I really do love cold weather foods!
In Utah we have wonderful warm fall days with just a touch of crispness in the air, and I’d cook the Low-Carb Autumn Tin Foil Dinners outside on the grill. But if the weather is getting colder where you are, or if you decide to make these in a few months for a winter tin foil dinner, just cook the foil packets in the oven which will only take a few minutes longer.
We did include a few carrots in this for color but if you want a tin foil dinner that’s lower in carbs or even Keto, you can definitely leave those out.
How to Make Low-Carb Autumn Tin Foil Dinners:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- I found these 100% Grass-Fed Beef Polish Sausages (with less than one carb per sausage!) at Costco and they were delicious. (The sausages are made by this company, although I didn’t see the exact one I got on their website. And they have no idea I’m featuring their sausage here!)
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Cut up a small head of cabbage into bite-sized chunks.
- Slice four sausage links, cut red onion into thick slivers, and cut carrots into slices or half-moon slices.
- Lay out four double sheets of foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the cabbage, carrots, and onions on each pair of foil sheets, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste and some dried thyme and add some butter.
- Then add the slices of sausage, wrap the inner packet first, then fold over the outer sheet of foil and tightly roll up the ends.
- Cook Autumn Tin Foil Dinners about 20-25 minutes on a grill that’s pre-heated to medium high, or cook about 30-35 minutes if you’re using the oven.
- Turn once about half-way through. Serve hot.
More Low-Carb Dinners with Sausage:
Low-Carb Roasted Lemon Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Sausage Tomato Cream Sauce ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Ten Favorite Low-Carb Italian Sausage Recipes You’ll Make Over and Over ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Healthy Cauliflower, Sausage, and Kale Soup ~ Bless this Mess
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Beef, Sausage, and Cabbage ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Easy Low-Carb Shrimp and Sausage Skillet ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Low-Carb Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna Casserole ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
I used grass-fed beef polish sausage from Teton Waters Ranch, with less than one carb per sausage. This recipe would be easy to add potatoes or sweet potatoes to some dinners if you have family members who don't care about carbs. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1273mgCarbohydrates: 14.8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
I used grass-fed beef polish sausage from Teton Waters Ranch, with less than one carb per sausage. This recipe would be easy to add potatoes or sweet potatoes to some dinners if you have family members who don't care about carbs.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a good dinner idea for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the South Beach Diet if you omit carrots for Phase One. You can adjust the amount of carbs by how much carrot or onion you use, or add higher-carb veggies like potatoes or sweet potatoes for some family members if you prefer.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Foil Dinners to find more dinner ideas like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there..