Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles (Video)
Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles is a great way to use leftover turkey (or chicken) and this soup is so tasty you won’t miss the carbs from traditional turkey or chicken noodle soup! Use Soup Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Watch how to make Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and some of you lucky ones are going to have leftover turkey after the big feast is over. Even though I have a huge collection of Healthy Leftover Turkey Recipes, it seems like every Thanksgiving I end up creating just one more idea for leftover turkey.
This year I’ve been infatuated with the idea of using zucchini noodles for low-carb soup (like this and this). And doesn’t everyone love turkey noodle soup, so the idea of a lower-carb version with zucchini noodles sounded like a winner.
And let me tell you that at the end of a long day of testing recipes when were definitely not that hungry, both Jake and I gobbled up this Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles. If you use your turkey carcass and make Homemade Turkey Stock, the soup will be even more amazing, but even if you have to use chicken stock from a can or carton (or water with some Penzey’s Turkey Soup Base), this soup will still taste great.
How Do You Make Zucchini Noodles?
If you’re new to zucchini noodles you might want to read my post about How to Make Zucchini Noodles. I love using the Spiralizer (affiliate link) for vegetable noodles, but there are a number of less-expensive gadgets that also work.
Easy Instructions for Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Chop up onion, celery, and carrots, then heat the olive oil and saute vegetables in the soup pot with the herbs.
- Add the turkey or chicken stock and simmer 30 minutes.
- Chop up leftover turkey to make about 3 cups diced turkey.
- Add the chopped turkey to the soup and simmer about 10 minutes more.
- While the soup cooks, use the Spiralizer (affiliate link) or another method to make zucchini noodles to make short thick noodles. We used the medium Spiralizer blade and then cut the noodles into shorter pieces with kitchen scissors.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the soup and simmer 20 minutes more, or until noodles are as soft as you like them.
- Season soup to taste with fresh ground black pepper and serve hot.
I promise no one will think of low-carb when they’re eating this delicious turkey soup!
More Delicious Turkey Soup:
Slow Cooker Lemony Turkey (or Chicken) Soup with Spinach and Orzo ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Turkey Enchilada Verde Soup ~ Homesick Texan
Coconut-Lime Turkey (or Chicken) and Rice Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Turkey Soup with Black Beans, Corn, and Green Chiles ~ The Perfect Pantry
Slow Cooker Turkey (or Chicken) Soup with Kale and Sweet Potatoes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
The Best Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Turkey Soup Recipes ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 88mg Sodium: 914mg Carbohydrates: 6.5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 33g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles is a great choice for any phase of the South Beach Diet or most other types of Low-Carb eating plans, including Paleo or Whole 30.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for certain diets.