Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos
Sriracha fans are going to swoon over these Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos with avocado salsa and creamy Queso Fresco cheese! You can eat the spicy Sriracha chicken in lettuce wraps for a version that’s even lower in carbs if you prefer.
For years now I’ve been a fan of spicy Sriracha Sauce, and even featured it as one of my ingredient picks on the blog. And through the years I’ve made a few favorite recipes using Sriracha. But I’m so glad I got that Sriracha craving again and came up with this new recipe for Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos. The Sriracha-infused chicken was just spicy enough and the avocado salsa and creamy Queso Fresco was the perfect topping to add even more flavor to the tacos. I hope this recipe will entice you to switch up your Taco Tuesday options with the spicy flavor of Sriracha!
If you’re worried about this being too spicy, I’ll tell you that both Kara and I added a little more Sriracha to our taco when we ate it, and neither of us is a fan of ultra-spicy foods. But please don’t skip the cooling avocado salsa and Queso Fresca (or other Mexican cheese) because those add the perfect cooling note. We loved the tasty Sriracha Chicken in Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate link), but this chicken would also be delicious as a bowl meal served over cauliflower rice or slaw. Or if you want even fewer carbs, these tacos would also be amazing made as lettuce wraps for Keto.
What Ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- canned chicken broth
- fresh squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice.)
- soy sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate link)
- Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link)
- Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- green onions
- Queso Fresco
- Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate link) or lettuce wraps for serving
What kind of Mexican cheese can you use for this recipe?
You may notice there are a huge variety of Mexican cheeses available, even in most regular grocery stores! And while I love the creamy Mexican cheese that melt well (like Oaxaca cheese!), for this recipe you want a crumbly cheese like Queso Fresco, Queso Blanco, or Cotija Cheese. And all these varieties of crumbly Mexican cheese are really low in carbs!
How to make this recipe:
- Trim the chicken breasts and cut into 3 or 4 lengthwise strips.
- Put chicken broth, 3 T lime juice, soy sauce, Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, and Sriracha Sauce into the Instant Pot, then add chicken strips.
- Lock the lid and set Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes.
- After the eight minutes, let pressure NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes, and the do QUICK RELEASE.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and set Instant Pot to SAUTE, HIGH and simmer sauce for 5-10 minutes to reduce.
- While sauce simmers, shred chicken apart.
- When sauce has reduced as much as you’d like, turn off Instant Pot and put shredded chicken into the Instant Pot and let it warm.
- Dice avocados and slice green onions; then add 2 T lime juice and olive oil.
- Crumble Queso Fresca or other Mexican cheese.
- We used Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate link) with 4 net carbs per tortilla.
- You can heat each tortilla on a dry hot frying pan for a minutes or so if you like.
- Fill tortillas with shredded chicken and avocado salsa and then top with crumbled cheese and enjoy!
More Tasty Tacos in the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken Tacos ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Green Chile Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Food Blogger’s Best Instant Pot Chicken Tacos ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Spicy Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Making this Recipe for Weekend Food Prep:
If you’re making this for Weekend Food Prep and planning on leftovers to eat later, I would make the spicy chicken mixture and crumble the cheese to store in the refrigerator. But it would be best make the avocado salsa right before you’re going to add it to the tacos.
What Instant Pot do I use?
I used my fresh-frozen lime juice for this recipe. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1124mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g
I used my fresh-frozen lime juice for this recipe.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
These Sriracha Chicken Tacos would be approved for all phases of the original South Beach Diet and other low-carb and low-glycemic eating plans. If you’re eating strictly Keto or avoiding grains, you might want to eat the spicy chicken taco mixture inside lettuce wraps!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Instant Pot Recipes or Tacos Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.