Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash (Video)
Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash is a quick and delicious low-carb side dish that everyone will love. Use Pressure Cooker Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Instant Pot (or Stovetop) Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash!
My recipe for Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup is easily the most popular Instant Pot recipe on the blog. But soon it’s going to be warm weather so today I’m reminding you about this Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash that’s 100% delicious as a low-carb or Keto side dish any time of year. And this reheats beautifully too, so it’s a perfect recipe for Weekend Food Prep as well!
Back when I had to take a lunch to school every day, I would have loved having this tasty cauliflower mash in the fridge to take for lunch! I love this cauliflower mash with plenty of bacon, but you can make a tasty vegetarian version by subbing the chicken stock for vegetable stock and skipping the bacon if you prefer. And experiment with different types of cheese too if you’d like!
And just in case you have not yet joined The Church of Instant Pot, I want to make it perfectly clear that you can also make this delicious Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash in a pan on the stove using the instructions from Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese, and the results will be just as good! So take your choice on the method, but if you like the idea of mashed cauliflower with butter, sharp cheddar, cream cheese, bacon, and green onion, I hope you’ll give this a try!
How to Make Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- You need 2 pounds of chopped cauliflower and this is the perfect time to use one of those 2 lb. bags from Costco! Chop the cauliflower into same-size pieces.
- Use a steamer basket (affiliate link) with 1 cup of chicken stock or water in the Instant Pot and the chopped cauliflower on top of the basket.
- Cook on MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 2 minutes, let it natural release for 1 minute, and then quick release. Keep the Instant Pot on KEEP WARM setting.
- While the cauliflower cooks, cook the bacon, slice green onions, and prepare the cubed cream cheese and grated cheese.
- Drain the cauliflower into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well. Then put back into the Instant Pot with the butter and use an Immersion Blender (affiliate link) to puree to your desired consistency. (Be careful not to scratch the Instant Pot inner pot.)
- When the cauliflower is as mashed or pureed as you prefer, add the cream cheese and 1 cup grated sharp cheddar and stir into the cauliflower until it’s mostly melted.
- Then add the 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled) and 1/4 cup green onions, and stir into the cauliflower.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, top with a little more cheese, bacon, and green onions, and serve.
Make it a Meal:
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Ideas for Cheesy Cauliflower:
Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Low-Carb Twice-Baked Cauliflower ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheesy Cauliflower Mac-n-Cheese ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Low-Carb Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheesy Cauliflower Alfredo Bake ~ Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Two pounds is about 9 cups chopped cauliflower. This recipe created by Kalyn and inspired by Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 317mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 7g
Two pounds is about 9 cups chopped cauliflower.
This recipe created by Kalyn and inspired by Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Everything used here is a low-carb or low-glycemic ingredient and this recipe should be approved for low-carb or low-glycemic eating plans. If you’re strictly following the South Beach Diet, this recipe might be too high in fat, although you could use low-fat cheese and cream cheese and go easy on the butter and bacon to make a version that might be okay for an occasional treat on South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.