Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette
Any time you have hard-boiled eggs and can get flavorful tomatoes, make this Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette! If you like these ingredients you’ll love this simple salad.
PIN the Tomato Egg Olive Salad to try it later!
Sometimes the simplest combination of ingredients can result in a dish where the result is completely a wow. I shared this Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette with my nephew Jake, and we both completely loved this combination of delicious summer flavors.
The salad is simply fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced and layered with slices of boiled egg and olives, then drizzled with a vinaigrette that had bits of gorgonzola cheese. What could be simpler or more delicious? And when summer tomatoes are at the peak of ripeness, this is the perfect thing to eat on a hot summer day.
What ingredients do you need?
- fresh tomatoes
- boiled eggs
- can of black olives
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- extra virgin Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- Balsamic Vinegar (affiliate link)
- crumbled gorgonzola
What is Gorgonzola?
Gorgonzola is a type of cow’s milk blue cheese that originated in Italy. It is often milder and a bit more buttery than other blue cheese varieties.
What’s the best way to make hard-boiled eggs for this salad?
Check out my post about Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs for four foolproof methods for making hard-boiled eggs that will be easy to peel and won’t have a green ring around the yolk!
How to Make for Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Arrange perfectly ripe sliced tomatoes on a serving platter.
- Top the tomatoes with slices of Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs.
- Drain a can of olives and sprinkle over the salad.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and crumbled Gorgonzola to make the dressing and drizzle over the salad.
- That’s all there is to it for this simple salad. Enjoy!
- Don’t forget a little sea salt and some fresh-ground black pepper for the perfect finishing touch.
More Salad Recipes with Summer Tomatoes:
Summer Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese
Want More Summer Tomato Salads?
Check out Twenty Summer Tomato Salads for more amazing salad ideas for summer tomatoes!
Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette
Fresh garden tomatoes make this Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette such a winner!
- 3 fresh tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 boiled eggs, sliced 1/2 inch thick (see notes about hard-boiled eggs)
- 6 oz. can black olives, well drained
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (see notes)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T best quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 T crumbled gorgonzola
- Drain olive into a colander placed into the sink.
- Slice tomatoes in 1/2 inch slices, and arrange on serving plate (with cut side up on ends of tomatoes).
- Slice boiled eggs and layer on top of tomatoes.
- Arrange drained olives on top of tomatoes and eggs.
- Put olive oil in small dish.
- Whisk in balsamic vinegar, then stir in gorgonzola.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- You may not need all the dressing, depending on how you prefer your salad.
- This dressing will keep in the fridge for a few days, so you may want to double or triple the dressing amounts.
- You will need to let it come to room temperature and shake the bottle before serving if it’s been refrigerated.
Here’s How to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs. I used Rosemary Salt for this salad and if you have some kind of seasoned salt, that will only make it better.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette would make a perfect summer lunch for the original South Beach Diet, any phase, and would also be great for most other low-carb eating plans. Obviously the highest-carb ingredient here is the tomatoes so if you want fewer carbs, use less tomatoes and more of the other ingredients.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Check Tomato Recipes or Salad Recipes for more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
The Tomato Egg Olive Salad was first posted in 2006, maybe without even a single photo! It was last updated with more information in 2022.
18 Comments on “Tomato, Egg, and Olive Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette”
Pingback: 17 Tasty Ways to Use All Those Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs | Openfit
This dish looks so delightfully flavorful!
Thanks, hope you enjoy!
Love the flavor combos and the protein the eggs bring in. Just got some farm eggs and will be making this salad with the yellow taxi tomatoes in my fridge! Thanks Kalyn!
Thanks Letty; hope you enjoy!
such a simple salad, but full of so many of my favorite things! I am such a sucker for tomatoes and olives…and hard boiled eggs are just good.
Thanks Joanne, so glad you like it!
Perfect for the evenings when I just don't know what to eat and don't feel like cooking… These are ingredients I always have at home.
Adina, so glad it will be useful for you. And I do know about those nights where you don't feel like cooking!
Just made this for my mom. It was great and so easy
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I did love the taste of this, and with protein and veggies, it’s a perfect SB meal.
Mae, thanks, but my photography and food styling are both in the beginning stages. I have a lot to learn to compete with your gorgeous photos. I noticed that “Still Life With” listed your blog as having great photography. Way to go, she is an expert.
kaylyn good to see you are putting your gorgonzola supply to great use.
WOW! The photos, Kalyn, are superb!
I see you’ve got the hang of the camera. It won’t take you long to master it, i can see.
Keep it up.
Kalyn, looks wonderful to me even for breakfast (there’s eggs–works for me!) Really beautiful and I love the simplicity.
Kalyn – this looks so good!
oh yeah! gorgonzola vinaigrette – yum!
Oh yumm! Keep those recipes with tomatoes coming! I need to use mine up.
this looks yummy, i love recipes with all the ingredients. the olive especially 🙂