Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese (Video)
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese is something that’s absolutely a treat for a low-carb dinner! See Oven Dinners for more tasty ideas with chicken.
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese!
Today I’m so happy to be sharing new (and greatly improved) photos for this Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese. This is a recipe with some good memories for me, because in the early days of the blog it was a favorite for my neighbors Brooke and Russ. Now years later I no longer live across the street from them but I’m still very fond of this recipe (and them!)
If you like Mexican food this chicken stuffed with green Anaheim chiles and cheese just might become one of your favorites too. And for this update of the recipe I skipped the tiny bit of breadcrumbs from the original version and rolled the stuffed chicken in a combination of almond meal and Parmesan cheese; so now this recipe is perfectly low-carb and Keto! However, I’m not going to lie and say this is super easy to make. You need to put some effort into pounding the chicken breasts so they’re as thin as you can get them. And rolling up the chicken with the filling inside is a little bit tricky. And even if you’re careful it’s likely that some cheese will ooze out on to the pan while the chicken is cooking.
But once you take a bite you’ll see how this low-carb chicken stuffed with a mixture of cheese, sour cream and green chiles is absolutely wonderful tasting, and well worth the effort! And this is perfect if you need to make an impressive dinner for guests who might be suspicious about low-carbs.
Preparing the Chicken for Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese:
(Scroll down for the complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C while you trim chicken and use a Meat Mallet (affiliate link) to pound each chicken breast as thin as you can get it.
- Season the pounded chicken with salt and a little fresh-ground black pepper.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix together grated cheese, canned green chiles, Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link; optional), and sour cream to make the stuffing. Spread one-fourth of the mixture on to each chicken breast, leaving some space around the edges.
- Roll up the chicken breasts, tucking in any pieces of chicken or filling that needs to stay in place. Use 2 toothpicks to hold stuffed chicken breasts together.
Assembling and Baking Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese:
- Get two bowls ready. Beat two eggs in one of the bowls. Put half the almond meal/Parmesan cheese mixture in the other bowl. (If you start with all of it, it will get clumped together when you dip the egg-coated chicken breasts!)
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg, turning it over so it’s well-coated with egg.
- Then roll the chicken breast in the almond-Parmesan mixture, sprinkling with the mixture and pressing down with your fingers if needed, until the chicken breast is well coated with almond meal and Parmesan cheese. (After you’ve done two chicken breasts put the other half of the almond-Parmesan mixture into the bowl.)
- Put coated chicken breasts in the baking pan and bake 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and starting to slightly brown.
- I recommend starting to check after 25 or 30 minutes with an instant-read meat thermometer (affiliate link) and making sure the chicken has reached the safe temperature of 165F/75C before you take it out of the oven. (You can turn on the broiler for a few minutes if the chicken is done but not quite as browned as you’d like it.)
Serve hot and enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese would be delicious with The BEST Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese or Roasted Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts for a low-carb meal!
More Tasty Low-Carb Chicken Recipes:
Cheesy Creamy Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Chicken Stroganoff Meatballs ~ Inside Bru Crew Life
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb and Keto Velvet Chicken ~ Southern Plate
Low-Carb Chicken Stir-Fry Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Browned Butter Chicken with Sage and Proscuitto ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Nuggets with Mustard, Almond, and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
To pound chicken breasts: Trim fat and undesirable parts from chicken and place one breast at a time inside a small heavy-duty Ziploc bag. Hit with meat mallet or any heavy object you have on hand until chicken is about 1/4 inch in thickness. Don't worry if some pieces of chicken kind of break apart; you can tuck them in when you cook the chicken and it will be fine. The diced green chiles are Anaheim Chiles are not Jalapenos. If you want a little heat, use the whole can. For less spicy use half the can.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 53g
To pound chicken breasts: Trim fat and undesirable parts from chicken and place one breast at a time inside a small heavy-duty Ziploc bag. Hit with meat mallet or any heavy object you have on hand until chicken is about 1/4 inch in thickness. Don't worry if some pieces of chicken kind of break apart; you can tuck them in when you cook the chicken and it will be fine.
The diced green chiles are Anaheim Chiles are not Jalapenos. If you want a little heat, use the whole can. For less spicy use half the can.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Green Chiles and Cheese is a perfect dinner for low-carb or Keto diet plans. The amount of cheese, sour cream, and Parmesan probably makes this a “once-in-a-while-treat” for the South Beach Diet, and South Beach would recommend reduced-fat cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.