Sugar-Free Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread
(This is an old recipe that has been archived on the site. I am leaving the printer-friendly recipe here so people who have enjoyed the recipe can still find it.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (see notes)
- 6 T grapeseed oil (see notes)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sweetener of your choice, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- In a slightly larger bowl, mix together the white whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir just enough to combine.
- Then fold in chopped walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. (I also used the rubber scraper to spread the batter to make the top of the loaf even.)
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan, then slice and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.