Cannellini Bean Salad with Mint
(This recipe for Cannellini Bean Salad with Mint has been archived on the site, but I am leaving the printer-friendly recipe here so people who have enjoyed the recipe can still find it.)
- two 15 oz. cans Cannellini beans, rinsed and well drained (see notes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh mint leaves
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Drain beans into colander and rinse well until no more foam appears, then let beans drain until they are fairly dry. (Sometimes I blot dry with paper towels if they don’t seem to be dry enough.)
- While beans drain, finely chop mint with chef’s knife.
- In a plastic bowl big enough to hold beans, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in mint, then add beans and gently stir until beans are coated.
- Allow this to marinate at room temperature for several hours before serving.
- The beans will keep in the fridge for several days, but let come to room temperature again and stir before serving leftovers..