Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake (Video)
Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake is made with all sweetener of your choice and Low-Sugar Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake uses a tiny bit of brown sugar combined with sweetener. Choose the version you prefer for a Thanksgiving treat! Use Dessert Recipes for more ideas like this one.
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake!
If I had to pick one recipe that symbolizes Thanksgiving, for me it would be this Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake. Either way you make it, this layered pumpkin cheesecake is a perfect Thanksgiving dessert for anyone who’s watching their sugar intake. For years I made the cheesecake with a very small amount of brown sugar, but now that I’ve discovered Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) I’d definitely use that to make Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake!
I like to make the cheesecake in a Springform Pan (affiliate link) and I made it in two different-sized pans, so choose which version you’d like and the size of pan for this tasty Thanksgiving favorite! And for anyone who is still narrowing down the menu options for the big day, I am reminding you about this tasty layered cheesecake for this week’s Friday Favorites post!
How to Make Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake:
(This is just a summary of the steps; scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- I tested the recipe with both a 9-inch Springform Pan (affiliate link) and a 7-inch Springform Pan, (affiliate link) and both worked fine (although I prefer the thicker cheesecake with the smaller pan.)
- I used a Greek yogurt and cream cheese combination when I first made this, but now I’d probably just use cream cheese. Use any cream cheese product you prefer.
- Beat the cream cheese with the vanilla and the sweetener(s) you’re using.
- Then add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Measure one cup vanilla cheesecake mixture and spread it in the bottom of the Springform Pan of your choice.
- Then mix the canned pumpkin and spices into the remaining batter and spread the pumpkin cheesecake layer over the vanilla layer
- Bake the cheesecake in a preheated 325F/170C oven for 35-45 minutes. (It will be a shorter time for the thinner cheesecake, but I cooked it the whole 45 minutes for the thicker one.)
- Cheesecake is done when the center seems set.
- Let cool, then chill for several hours or overnight.
- The last two photos above show my two versions. First is the with the thinner cheesecake made in a 9 inch Springform Pan and the last photo is the thicker one made in the 7-inch Springform Pan.
- Needless to say, both versions tasted great!
Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake is definitely one of my favorite Thanksgiving treats!
More Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Less Sugar:
Low-Sugar Spiced Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Low-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake ~ Christine Cooks
I love Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) for baking and now that I've discovered that I'd probably just use 1/2 cup of that for a sugar-free version of this recipe. But you can also use 1/4 cup sweetener and 1/4 cup brown sugar for a low-sugar version. Nutritional information is calculated for the sugar-free cheesecake. Sweetener is calculated as zero net carbs for nutritional information. This recipe originally from AllRecipes with adaptations by Kalyn.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 5.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
I love Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) for baking and now that I've discovered that I'd probably just use 1/2 cup of that for a sugar-free version of this recipe. But you can also use 1/4 cup sweetener and 1/4 cup brown sugar for a low-sugar version. Nutritional information is calculated for the sugar-free cheesecake. Sweetener is calculated as zero net carbs for nutritional information.
This recipe originally from AllRecipes with adaptations by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Even without any added sugar, pumpkin has carbs, so this Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake would probably never be considered a low-carb or South Beach Diet recipe for the strictest form of those eating plans. And obviously if you’re actively dieting or trying not to gain weight, the sugar-free version of this recipe is best.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.