Kalyn’s Kitchen Turns Five Years Old (and five questions for readers to answer in the comments)
On April 24, 2005 I wrote the first post on Kalyn’s Kitchen
, never imagining for a moment how starting a food blog would change my life. Now I’m retired from my teaching job and spend at least a few hours every day cooking, photographing, or writing up recipes for the blog. It’s been a great five years with new blogging friends, new foods to try, and new things to learn all the time. To celebrate five years of blogging, I’m going on a road trip with my friend Bonnie, but in the meantime, I’d love it if readers would answer some or all of the questions below the comments.
Thanks for your support of Kalyn’s Kitchen! Here are some things I’d really love to hear about from everyone who’s reading:
1) What’s your name and where do you live? Anything else you feel like sharing about yourself?
2) How did you find Kalyn’s Kitchen, and how long have you been reading?
3) How would you describe your food/cooking personality? What kind of recipes interest you most? (And if you’re a food blogger, be sure to tell us about your blog!)
4) What are five foods/dishes you’d like to see featured regularly on Kalyn’s Kitchen?
5) What are five foods/dishes you’d never want to eat or read about on a food blog?
Thanks for participating everyone! I’ll be back on Tuesday with a new recipe. Meanwhile, I’m not even taking my computer on the trip (gasp), but I’ll have my iPhone to read the comments as people respond.
More Blog Birthdays:
Kalyn’s Kitchen Turns One
Kalyn’s Kitchen Turns Two
Kalyn’s Kitchen Turns Three