Chicken Alfredo Mock Lasagna Casserole
Chicken Alfredo Mock Lasagna Casserole is a delicious and easy mock lasagna to make with chicken, but remember this for leftover turkey too! And this tasty low-carb comfort food casserole makes great leftovers to reheat later!
This new recipe for Chicken Alfredo Mock Lasagna Casserole is a sibling of the mega-popular No-Noodle Lasagna with Sausage and Basil I came up with earlier this year, and this new mock lasagna also uses Folios Parmesan Cheese Wraps for the noodle layer. I’m still finding Folios at my Costco, so I decided to keep coming up with recipes for them, and Kara and I both loved this when we tested the recipe. And we also both thought the leftovers reheated reheated well, making this a perfect Weekend Food Prep recipe!
I used low-carb Alfredo sauce in a jar to make this easy to get into the oven. And the other shortcut was using one of those packages of Costco Rotisserie Chicken breast for the chicken, so all you have to do is cut up the chicken. I thought this was a perfect recipe for this time of year when casseroles are starting to seem like a good idea, but this mock lasagna would also be amazing with leftover turkey, just in case you’re lucky enough to have some later in the month!
Do you have to Buy Rao’s Alfredo Sauce for this recipe?
I’m a huge fan of Rao’s pasta sauce and I’m going to recommend Rao’s Alfredo Sauce (affiliate link) for this recipe because the flavor of the Rao’s Alfredo is so, so good. But this sauce is pricey and also can be hard to find! Most bottled Alfredo sauce is low in carbs, so if you have a brand of low-carb Alfredo Sauce you’ve enjoyed you can definitely use it for this. Or if you want to make your own low-carb sauce you could try Creamy Low-Carb Alfredo Sauce or Creamy Cauliflower Sauce for this recipe.
What If You Can’t Find Folios Parmesan Cheese Wraps Where You Live?
If you can’t find Folios Parmesan Cheese Wraps, please don’t let that stop you from making this tasty mock lasagna! Use a firm sliced cheese like Provolone to replace the Folios; it will probably melt a bit more but it’s still going to be delicious.
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Mock Lasagna Casserole:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- This first photo shows the pack of rotisserie chicken breast from Costco that we used for the chicken.
- You need about 8 cups of diced chicken (or turkey) shown here in a giant measuring cup, but if you get the Costco package you can use the whole package if you don’t mind the chicken/mushroom layer being slightly thicker.
- Chop up 1 lb. mushrooms, heat olive oil, and cook mushrooms until nicely browned. Remove mushrooms to a plate.
- Add chopped onion and cook onion about 3 minutes. Then add Poultry Seasoning (affiliate link), Garlic Powder (affiliate link), and Dried Sage (affiliate link) and cook a minute or two longer.
- Add the mushrooms and diced chicken to the frying pan and gently stir to combine.
- Then add Rao’s Alfredo Sauce (affiliate link) or your favorite Alfredo, stir to combine, and cook at a low simmer about 10 minutes.
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut the Folios in half and cover the bottom of the dish, putting the straight side along the edge of the dish.
- Put half the chicken/mushroom mixture over the Folios.
- Put 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella over the chicken/mushroom layer.
- Make another layer of Folios, chicken/mushroom mixture, and the other 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella. (You can get by with a bit less cheese if you prefer.)
- Bake at 375F/190C for 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and the top is browned.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before you cut into eight pieces to serve.
- This freezes well and can be reheated in the microwave.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This is a rich dish so I’d serve it with something like Kalyn’s Favorite Baby Arugula Salad, Crunchy Low-Carb Chopped Salad, American Greek Salad, or just a simple side dish of The Best Easy Cauliflower Rice with Garlic and Green Onion.
More Low-Carb Ideas for Leftover Chicken or Turkey:
You can use a bit more or less chicken, depending on what you have. Use leftover turkey if you have that! Use any low-carb Alfredo Sauce you have if you don't have Rao's. This freezes very well and reheats beautifully in the microwave. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 554Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gUnsaturated Fat: 18.4gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 816mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 47g
You can use a bit more or less chicken, depending on what you have. Use leftover turkey if you have that! Use any low-carb Alfredo Sauce you have if you don't have Rao's.
This freezes very well and reheats beautifully in the microwave.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Chicken Alfredo Mock Lasagna is a great dish for low-carb and low-glycemic diet plans. The Parmesan Cheese wraps are probably a bit high in fat, but personally I’d eat this for any phase of the original South Beach Diet, or use low-carb tortillas for the noodle layer if you prefer. South Beach would recommend lower-fat Alfredo Sauce and reduced fat cheese for this recipe if you’re following the letter of the law.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Casserole Recipes to find more low-carb casseroles like this one! Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest or on Punchfork to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.