Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Radishes
Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Radishes would be a great salad idea for a summer pot-luck, and this tasty meatless salad is also low-carb, gluten-free, and low-glycemic. Use Salad Recipes to find more salads like this one!
Memorial Day means the unofficial beginning of summer in the U.S., or as I like to think of it, the beginning of Salad Season! I love those warm summer days when a big plate of salad seems like the perfect lunch, and I’m always looking for ideas for my next salad creation. This Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Radishes was inspired by a salad I bookmarked years ago on a blog that’s no longer posting. I changed it quite a bit from the original salad and it took me a couple of tries to get it right, but I love all these ingredients and this final version of the salad is definitely a keeper.
If you’re going to any kind of Memorial Day pot-luck, this salad would make a perfect offering to take along. I think there are lots of other crunchy veggies that would work here, so have fun with this one!
Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small flowerets, enough for about 4 cups each. Slice radishes, cut red bell peppers into short strips, and finely chop the red onion.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook 1-2 minutes (depending on how crisp you like it.) Immediately drain the veggies and rinse with very cold water. When the broccoli and cauliflower is well-drained, put in a salad bowl and toss with the radishes, red pepper strips, and red onion.
Stir the cream cheese with a whisk until it’s softened, and then whisk in the Ranch Dressing, dill weed, and Spike Seasoning. Toss the salad with desired amount of dressing, depending on how moist you prefer your salads.
Then add the chopped cashews and toss again. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve right away.
More Salad Recipes with Broccoli:
Easy Thai-Flavored Raw Broccoli Salad with Red Onion, Mint, and Peanuts ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Honey Mustard, Broccoli, and Apple Salad ~ Joy the Baker
Barely-Blanched Broccoli Salad with Feta and Fried Almonds ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Vegan Broccoli Salad with Spicy Sesame Peanut Dressing ~ The Perfect Pantry
Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Radishes
Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Radishes would be a great salad idea for a summer pot-luck.
- 4 cups small broccoli flowerets
- 4 cups small cauliflower flowerets
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and cut into small thin strips
- 1 bunch radishes, thickly sliced (about 12-14 radishes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (or sliced green onion)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup low-fat Ranch Dressing (homemade or bottled ranch)
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil while you cut the broccoli and cauliflower into small bite-sized flowerets.
- When water boils, add the vegetables, bring back to a low boil, and cook 1-2 minutes (test a piece to see how crunchy you want it.)
- Immediately drain the vegetables into a colander placed in the sink and rinse with very cold water.
- Let the broccoli and cauliflower drain well while you prep the other ingredients.
- Clean and slice the radishes.
- Cut out the stem and seeds from the red bell pepper and cut into small thin strips.
- Finely chop the red onion (or slice green onions.)
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Put the softened cream cheese into a small dish or measuring cup and whisk until it’s soft, then add the Ranch dressing, dill weed, and Spike Seasoning and whisk ingredients together.
- When the vegetables are well drained (blot with a paper towel if you’re in a hurry) put them in bowl and toss gently with the radishes, red bell pepper strips, and red onion.
- Stir in as much dressing as desired, until the salad is as moist as you’d like it.
- Add cashews and toss again, season the salad with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, and serve immediately. (I used salted cashews so I didn’t need any additional salt.)
- If you’re making this in advance or making more than you’ll eat at once, don’t add the dressing or toss with the cashews until right before you serve the salad.
Recipe inspired by a salad I bookmarked years ago on a blog that’s no longer posting.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
The original version of this Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad used green peas, which I bet were delicious but I wanted to replace them with a low-glycemic vegetable. With the radishes and red bell pepper I used this salad is suitable for any phase of the South Beach Diet and other low-carb diet plans. South Beach would recommend low-fat dressing and cream cheese; other plans would prefer full-fat.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.