Bacon, Mushroom, and Feta Crustless Quiche (Video)
Bacon, Mushroom, and Feta Crustless Quiche is a delicious Keto breakfast that will be devoured by anyone who likes bacon and Feta Cheese! And this delicious bacon mushroom quiche only has 5 net carbs per serving!
When I tested out the recipe for this Bacon, Mushroom, and Feta Crustless Quiche with Jake and Kara, we absolutely couldn’t stop talking about how good it was. And I love the combinations of mushrooms and Feta in breakfast dishes like Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs and Mushroom and Feta Breakfast Casserole, so I guess it only makes sense that adding bacon to two things that already taste good together will only make it better!
I was developing this bacon mushroom quiche recipe partly to work for Keto Diets, so I used a generous amount of bacon, but even if you prefer less bacon, I’m sure it will still be amazing!
My sister Val always makes Quiche for Christmas morning, and I think that’s a fun tradition. Who else likes to experiment with crustless quiche recipes? Let me know in the comments about any good combinations you’ve come up with.
What Ingredients do you need?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- thick bacon
- crumbled Feta cheese
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), or any seasoning blend you like with eggs
- heavy cream
What if you don’t want Feta Cheese in the Bacon Mushroom Quiche?
I’m obviously a huge fan of Feta! But if you’re not a fan or it’s not a winner with the family you can use any good melting white cheese like Monterey Jack or Monzzarella cheese in this recipe.
Want more low-carb crustless quiche recipes?
Check out my round-up of 30 Keto Crustless Quiche Recipes for lots more quiche recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen and around the web.
How to make Bacon, Mushroom, and Feta Crustless Quiche:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C and spray a 9 inch or 9.5 inch glass or crockery pie pan (affiliate link) with non-stick spray.
- Cut the bacon into short thick slices, cook and drain on paper towels (or not, if you prefer to keep the fat.)
- Put the browned bacon in the bottom of the pie pan, reserving a few pieces for the top.
- Brown the mushrooms in the bacon fat (wipe some out if you’d like.)
- While mushrooms cook, measure out the Feta cheese.
- Then put browned mushrooms and Feta into the pie pan over the bacon, reserving a little Feta for the top.
- Season with black pepper and a little Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) (or your favorite seasoning for eggs.)
- Beat eggs with the cream (or half and half) until eggs are well beaten.
- Pour egg mixture over the bacon-mushrooms-feta, and stir gently with a fork so ingredients are well-combined.
- Sprinkle over the reserved bacon pieces and Feta.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until the quiche is completely set and starting to brown on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- This will keep in the fridge for several days and can be easily reheated in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
More Low-Carb Crustless Quiche:
- Crustless Three Cheese Tomato-Basil Quiche
- Cheesy Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- Low-Carb Cheesy Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- Bacon Cheeseburger Keto Breakfast Quiche
- Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 8 slices thick bacon, cut crosswise into short strips
- 1 lb. mushrooms, washed if needed and cut into thick slices
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Spike seasoning, or any seasoning blend you like with eggs
- 8 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C and spray a 9 inch or 9.5 inch glass or crockery pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut the bacon into short thick slices and cook it in a hot frying pan until bacon is completely cooked and nicely crisp and browned.
- Drain the cooked bacon on paper towels (or not, if you prefer to keep the fat) and put the browned bacon in the bottom of the pie pan, reserving a little bacon to sprinkle on the top.
- You may want to remove some bacon fat if there seems to be too much. Brown the mushrooms in the bacon fat over medium-high heat until they are completely cooked and starting to brown.
- While mushrooms cook, crumble the Feta cheese and measure out one cup.
- Layer the browned mushrooms and then the crumbled Feta over the bacon in the pie pan, reserving a little Feta to sprinkle over the top.
- Season with black pepper and a little Spike Seasoning (or your favorite seasoning for eggs.)
- Beat the eggs with the cream or half and half. Pour that mixture over the bacon-mushroom-Feta mixture and stir gently with a fork to combine ingredients.
- Sprinkle the reserved bacon and Feta over the top.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, until the quiche is set in the center and starting to slightly brown on top.
- Serve hot. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for several days and reheated in the microwave or in a hot frying pan on the stove.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 339mgSodium: 918mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This bacon mushroom quiche is a good breakfast dish for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet. If you’re not eating Keto you might want to use a bit less bacon, and maybe wipe out some of the bacon fat from the frying pan and use olive oil to cook the mushrooms, although that bacon fat will make the mushrooms taste amazing. The original South Beach Diet doesn’t recommend bacon, but you could make this with turkey bacon and use a bit less Feta if you want to make it SBD friendly.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes for more brunch ideas! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
Bacon, Mushroom, and Feta Crustless Quiche was first posted in 2018. It was last updated with more information in 2023.