Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss
Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss is a low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and South Beach Diet friendly dish that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch! Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
This weekend is Easter in the U.S. and this Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss is a perfect thing to make if you have leftover Easter ham and a lot of eggs hanging out in the fridge! I first made this in 2014 with my Ninja Cooker, but if you have the new Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker that would also be perfect. And you can definitely make it in a large oval slow cooker as well if that’s what you have.
This was my fourth time making a frittata in the slow cooker, and this time I added some texture by using thin strips of ham and cheese layered on top of the broccoli, and this one was eaten up pretty quickly at my house! If you’re looking for other Easter menu ideas, visit my Pinterest Board for Kalyn’s Kitchen Holiday Recipes. And Happy Friday everyone!
I used about 3 cups of small bite-sized pieces of broccoli. Since you can cook right in the Ninja Cooker, I just brushed the bottom with a little olive oil and sauteed the broccoli for a few minutes. (If you don’t have a slow cooker with this feature, I would microwave the broccoli for about a minute or saute on the stove.) I cut thin strips of ham and swiss cheese to add some texture to the dish. (This is a trick I would definitely use again for a slow cooker egg dish.)
Layer the strips of ham and cheese over the broccoli. Beat the eggs and pour them over the broccoli, ham, and cheese. Season with Spike Seasoning and fresh ground black pepper.
Then take a fork and gently “stir” to get the ingredients evenly distributed. Cook on LOW about 2 1/2 hours, or until the edges are pulling away from the sides and the top is completely set.
Eggs don’t brown much in the slow cooker, so sprinkle over some thinly sliced green onions over for a pop of color and serve!
More Breakfast Ideas You Might Like:
Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker Breakfast Recipes Index ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Slow Cooker Frittata with Artichoke Hearts, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Easy Vegetable Frittata ~ Vintage Mixer
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss
Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch!
- 3 cups broccoli flowerets, cut in small bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil (for sauteeing broccoli)
- 6 oz. low-fat Swiss cheese, sliced into thin strips
- 6 oz. lean sliced deli ham, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or use any all-purpose seasoning blend that’s good on eggs)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 eggs, well beaten
- diagonally sliced green onions for garnish (optional, but recommended)
- Cut up the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the Swiss cheese and ham into thin strips.
- Break eggs into a bowl or large glass measuring cup and beat eggs well.
- If you’re using a Ninja Cooker, or other slow cooker that can saute, brush the cooker insert with the olive oil, heat to high, and saute the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, just until it barely starts to cook. (If you don’t have a slow cooker with this feature, cook the broccoli in the microwave on high for about 1 minute, or saute for a few minutes in a frying pan on the stove. Also spray the slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray if you’re not using the Ninja or another type of non-stick slow cooker.)
- Layer the barely-cooked broccoli, ham, and cheese in the slow cooker.
- Pour the beaten eggs over and season with Spike Seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning blend) and fresh-ground black pepper to taste.
- Use a fork to gently “stir” so the other ingredients are well-distributed in the eggs.
- Cook on LOW for about 2 1/2 hours, or until the eggs are starting to pull apart from the side of the slow cooker and the top is completely set. (The top won’t brown in a slow cooker like it would if you cooked the eggs in the oven or on the stove.)
- Cut frittata into pieces, arrange on a serving platter, and sprinkle with green onions; then serve.
- This will keep well in the fridge for several days and can be reheated in a microwave or wrapped in foil in a toaster oven.
I used my 6 quart Ninja Cooker, but you could also make this in the new Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker and any 6 quart oval slow cooker will also work. Cooking time might be slightly longer if you’re not using the Ninja. If you’re using a slow cooker with a crockery insert, spray very well with non-stick spray so the eggs don’t stick.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss would be great for any phase of the South Beach Diet or most other low-carb eating plans. It would be recommended to use low-fat cheese and lean ham if you’re making this for the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there. Click here to see Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker Recipes on my other site!
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.