Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake
Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake is easy and delicious for a quick dinner that will be a hit with everyone who likes sausage and peppers! Use Casserole Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
I first made this Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake several years ago during January when easy carb-conscious meals were what everyone was looking for. It was almost an immediate hit on the blog and this is also one of my personal favorites as well, making it perfect to spotlight for a Friday Favorites pick! And when I decided to feature the recipe again it sounded so tasty that recently I made it again and took some slightly-improved photos. Kara and I had fun trying to match the styling of the photo to the earlier pics (which you can see all over Pinterest) while making the food look even tastier than it did in the earlier photos.
And this recipe is so easy, so quick, and so delicious that it’s perfect for a low carb dinner any time of year, but it’s also red and green if you like having a dinner with holiday colors! If you like Italian sausage and peppers and cheese, I bet you’ll love this for an easy meal.
How to make Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe plus nutritional information.)
- I liked this best with a whole pound of brown Cremini mushrooms. Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil.
- While you’re cooking the mushrooms, brown the turkey Italian sausage in a different pan.
- When mushrooms are cooked layer than in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Then saute red and green pepper strips until they’re barely starting to soften and layer them over the mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Season the peppers and mushrooms with spices and black pepper.
- When sausage is brown, cut into half-slices and brown again on the cut sides.
- Add a layer of sausage in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375F/190C about 25 minutes, or until the dish is bubbling hot and the cheese is melted and nicely browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy! This will stay good in the fridge for several days and it reheats well.
More Easy Dinners with Sausage:
Sausage and Meatballs Recipes Index ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Sausage, Ground Beef, and Mozzarella ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Beef, Sausage, and Cabbage ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Breakfast Casserole with Sweet Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
I used Jenni-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage for this recipe which is low in carbs and gluten-free. Use pork sausage if you prefer more fat. Leftovers of this can be kept in the fridge for a day or two and reheated in a toaster oven or in the microwave. Recipe created by Kalyn.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 6g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 407mg Carbohydrates: 8.1g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 13g
I used Jenni-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage for this recipe which is low in carbs and gluten-free. Use pork sausage if you prefer more fat. Leftovers of this can be kept in the fridge for a day or two and reheated in a toaster oven or in the microwave.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake should be a good choice for most Low-Carb or low-glycemic eating plans, even Keto. If you’re making this recipe for the South Beach Diet, they would recommend lean turkey Italian sausage and reduced-fat mozzarella.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.