Low-Carb Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps
Low-Carb Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite quick dinners, and anyone who enjoys Sriracha is going to love this tasty dinner idea. Use Lettuce Wraps to see more recipes like this one!
You may have noticed I have quite a few recipes for lettuce wraps on this blog, and they’re on the menu often at my house. But despite the abundance of lettuce wrap recipes to choose from, these Low-Carb Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps are a quick dinner that I find myself making over and over.
There are so many favorite flavors here that go perfectly with the beef and Sriracha Sauce, like fish sauce, lime, green onion, and cilantro, and if you like Thai flavors at all, you’re going to love this recipe as much as I do. And for cilantro-haters, I recommend just doubling the amount of green onions and this will still be amazing without the cilantro.
I recently got a wonderful new camera, so one day when I was making these lettuce wraps again I decided to snap a few photos. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while but have never tried this recipe, I hope the new photos will get you to try it. It can be on the table in well under 30 minutes, and Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps just might become your new favorite dinner!
How to Make Low-Carb Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Cook one pound of lean ground beef until it’s completely done and starting to lightly brown.
- While the beef cooks, mix together the fish sauce, Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link), and water. I like Red Boat Fish Sauce (affiliate link) which is gluten-free and Paleo.
- Also zest one large lime and squeeze the juice, slice the green onions and chop the cilantro (or double the amount of green onions if you don’t want cilantro.)
- Prepare the lettuce cups in the size you prefer.
- When the beef is nicely browned, stir in the Sriracha sauce mixture and cook until the water evaporates.
- Turn off heat and stir in the lime zest, lime juice, green onions, and cilantro (if using).
- That’s it! Put it inside a lettuce wrap and devour!
Please come back and let me know if you end up making this over and over. And this is so flavorful, I’d say this is one time when the cilantro is 100% optional!
More Lettuce Wraps to Enjoy:
The BEST Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Delicious Low-Carb and Keto Wraps with Lettuce, Collards, and Cabbage ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
The BEST Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
- 2 tsp. cooking oil of your choice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T fish sauce (see notes)
- 1-2 T Sriracha Sauce (depending on how much heat you want)
- 2 T water
- zest from one large lime
- juice from one large lime (see notes)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (see notes)
- 2 small heads iceberg lettuce, washed and cut into cups
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, then cook the beef until it’s cooked through and starting to brown, breaking apart with a turner as it cooks.
- While beef cooks, mix together the fish sauce, Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link), and water in a small bowl.
- Zest the skin of the lime and squeeze the juice. (You may need two limes to get enough juice, but only use the zest from one lime.)
- Thinly slice the green onions and chop the cilantro.
- Most iceberg lettuce doesn’t need washing, but remove the outer leaves. Cut out the core and cut the lettuce into quarters to make “cups” to hold the beef mixture.
- When the beef is done, add the Sriracha Sauce mixture and let it sizzle until the water has evaporated, stirring a few times to get the flavor mixed through the meat.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lime zest, lime juice, sliced green onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve meat mixture with iceberg lettuce leaves to fill with meat and wrap around it, to be eaten with your hands.
I use Red Boat Fish Sauce (affiliate link) for this recipe, which is gluten-free and Paleo. You want about 1 1/2 T lime juice, so use two limes if needed. If you're not a cilantro fan, use more thinly sliced green onion.This was definitely still good when the meat mixture was kept in the fridge and reheated for a very short time in the microwave, but I liked it best freshly made.
This recipe adapted from Nigella Fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 8g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 711mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 32g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
As long as you use ground beef with less than 10% fat, Low-Carb Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps are a great recipe for any phase of the South Beach Diet. This would be great for other types of low-glycemic or low-carb diet plans as well; other diet plans may prefer higher-fat ground beef. The recipe could also be easily adapted to be Paleo or Whole 30 by using approved hot sauce, fish sauce, and an approved oil.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.