Green Goddess Tomato-Mozzarella Stacks
Green Goddess Tomato-Mozzarella Stacks are simple stacks of green zebra tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and Green Goddess dressing! I love this amazing summer salad that uses my favorite tomato variety, but use any tomato you prefer to make it if you don’t have Green Zebra tomatoes!
These amazing Green Goddess Tomato-Mozzarella Stacks are my Friday Favorites post for this week (and since I decided to start spotlighting past favorite on Fridays I created a category for them, even though this is only the second one in that category!) And I am more than a little excited that some of these beloved recipes from way back in the archives are going to see the light of day again!
It was my adventures making Green Goddess Salad Dressing plus my intense love for Green Zebra tomatoes that got me imagining how the slightly-citrusy flavor of the Green Zebra Tomaotes would work with the complex flavors in the Green Goddess dressing. And wow! I loved this take on Caprese Salad with Green Zebra tomatoes, slices of fresh mozzarella, and Green Goddess dressing drizzled over.
And I can’t say enough about how much I love these Green Zebra Tomatoes that are still green in color when they’re ripe, and I’m excited that I’m getting some on my two plants this year. And this is the second recipe I’ve featured with this much loved tomato so you can tell how much I like them! But if you don’t have this type of tomato or if citrusy-flavored green tomatoes are just not your thing, feel free to use any tomatoes you’d like, and you could certainly make this with purchased Green Goddess Dressing (affiliate link) if you prefer! And happy tomato season everyone!
How to Make Green Goddess Tomato-Mozzarella Stacks:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Slice fresh Green Zebra Tomatoes (or other tomatoes of your choice) to make slices all about the same diameter.
- Slice thin slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Make stacks with a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella, and another slice of tomato.
- Then drizzle about 1 T of Green Goddess Dressing or purchased Green Goddess Dressing (affiliate link) over each tomato stack.
More Salad Recipes with Fresh Mozzarella:
Grilled Zucchini Caprese Stacks with Basil Vinaigrette
Marinated Fresh Mozzarella with Herbs
Tomato, Olive, and Fresh Mozzarella Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Caprese Salad with Kiwi
Baby Arugula Salad with Chicken, Mozzarella, and Tomatoes
Want More Summer Tomato Salads?
Check out Ten Favorite Summer Tomato Salads (plus Honorable Mentions) for more amazing salad ideas for summer tomatoes!
- 8 slices fresh tomato. make all slices about the same diameter (see notes)
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 T Green Goddess Salad Dressing (see notes)
- Slice tomatoes and fresh mozzarella into slices about the same thickness and diameter. (I made slices that were about 1/2 inch thick, with the mozzarella maybe a little thinner than the tomatoes.)
- Make stacks with a piece of tomato, a piece of fresh mozzarella, and another piece of tomato.
- Drizzle about 1 T Green Goddess Dressing over each stack.
- There are endless variations on this simple salad idea, using different types of tomatoes and other types of soft cheese such as Feta or Goat Cheese.
- You could also drizzle something like Basil Vinaigrette or Cafe Rio Style Creamy Tomatillo Salad Dressing over the tomato stacks for another variation.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a great first course or salad for any phase of the South Beach Diet and it would also work for most other low-glycemic diet plans. Tomatoes are not super low in carbs, but you could eat this for a low-carb diet if you use portion control. You could also make mini-stacks with one slice of tomato and one piece of mozzarella if you wanted a lower-carb version.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Tomato Recipes or Salads to find more salads like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.