Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese and Dill
(This is an old recipe that has been archived on the site, but I am keeping the printer-friendly version here so that people who have enjoyed the recipe can still find it.)
- 1 large head cauliflower (see notes)
- salt, for water to cook cauliflower
- 1 T butter
- 3 T finely chopped fresh dill (see notes)
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T half and half (see notes)
- 1/2 C grated cheese
- 1/4 C crumbled Feta cheese (see notes)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower and remove core, then cut and break into small flowerets.
- Bring a large pot water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt, and boil cauliflower until it is quite soft, about 20 minutes.
- Pour cauliflower into a colander and let it drain well for about 5 minutes. (Don’t rush the draining step or the dish will probably be too watery.)
- When cauliflower is well drained, pour back into cooking pot and add butter, lemon juice, and chopped fresh dill.
- Mash with potato masher, until ingredients are well mixed.
- Add half and half and both types of cheese and mash again until cheese is mixed in and cauliflower is quite soft. You can use an electric beater or food processer for the final mashing if you prefer.
- Taste cauliflower and season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- You may need to put it back on the stove and warm for 2-3 minutes before serving. Serve hot.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.