Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos (Video)
We loved this lemony Greek pork served in low-carb tortillas for Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos; you can also cook this in a slow cooker if you prefer. And these Greek Pork Tacos are also low-glycemic, and South Beach Diet Phase Two. Make tacos with lettuce wraps for a version that’s Keto, South Beach Diet Phase One, and gluten-free. Use the Recipes-by-Diet-Type Index to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the Video to see if you might like to make
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos!
I agree with my niece Kara that pork is one of the best meats to cook in the Instant Pot, and we had fun experimenting with a lemony Greek pork that we shredded apart and served in low-carb tortillas for Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos. Kara and I agreed that this was an Instant Pot winner!
We served the Greek Tacos with the Greek Salsa that’s so good on my Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls, and it was a perfect combination. Kara and I browned the pieces of pork in a pan instead of in the Instant Pot to save time, and we also took time to reduce the sauce at the end (in the Instant Pot) for a more concentrated flavor. But other than those two steps, this was pretty much Instant Pot 101. If you like Greek flavors and you’re an Instant Pot fan, I bet you’ll love this new recipe.
The low-carb tortillas we used have only 3 carbs each, which makes this a low-carb recipe even though tomatoes have some carbs, but it would be delicious made into lettuce wraps for a version that’s Keto, South Beach Diet Phase One, and gluten-free.
We used one of those pork sirloin tip roasts from Costco that come in a four pack. I trimmed the pork and cut it into pieces (so we wouldn’t have long strands when we shredded it apart.) You can brown it in the Instant Pot if you don’t mind doing it in two batches, but we heated a little olive oil and browned the pork in a cast-iron pan. Put the browned pork pieces in the Instant Pot.
Please don’t skip the grated lemon zest and fresh lemon juice that you mix with chicken stock, olive oil, Greek Seasoning, Greek Oregano, and black pepper to make the cooking liquid. Pour liquid over the pork; cook on MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE for 50 minutes, then use NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE for at least 20 minutes, then release manually if you still have pressure.
Remove the pork to a cutting board, then use SAUTE and select LESS HEAT to simmer the liquid until it’s reduced to about 3/4 cup. Shred pork apart with fork and return to the Instant Pot to stay warm after the liquid has reduced. Heat tortillas (in the microwave or by toasting in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes). Make Greek Salsa.
Put some of the hot pork on one half of the tortillas. Top with desired amount of Greek Salsa.
Serve hot for a one-dish meal that will be a hit with anyone who likes Greek flavors!
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes.
Love Your Slow Cooker?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot (or just prefer the slow cooker) the recipe has instructions for turning this into a slow cooker dish. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Tasty Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Recipes:
The BEST Instant Pot Ribs or The BEST Slow Cooker Ribs ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker Sweet and Tangy Pulled Pork ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Green Chile Pork Taco Bowls ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Loin ~ CopyKat Recipes
Low-Carb Slow Cooker (or Pressure Cooker) Pork Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork ~ Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos
We loved this lemony Greek pork served in low-carb tortillas for Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos
- pork sirloin tip roast, about 2 lbs. (or other pork roast)
- 1 T olive oil (for browning pork)
- 8 low-carb whole wheat tortillas (I used Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortillas; use any tortillas of your choice.)
- Greek Salsa for serving, or other toppings as desired
Cooking Liquid Ingredients:
- zest and juice from 2 lemons (Use a fine grater to zest the lemon if you don’t have a Lemon Zester.)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Greek Seasoning (This can be salty; you might want Salt Free Greek Seasoning since the Feta is also salty.)
- 1/2 tsp. Greek Oregano
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Trim any large pieces of fat from the pork roast and then cut against the grain into 4-6 pieces. (Cutting against the grain into pieces will insure you have short pieces when you shred the pork apart.)
- Heat olive oil in the Instant Pot or in a large frying pan and brown the pork well on all sides. (For best flavor, don’t skip this step. You might need to brown it in two batches if you brown in the Instant Pot.)
- Put the browned pork into the Instant Pot; then combine the lemon zest and juice, chicken stock, 2 T olive oil, Greek Seasoning, Greek Oregano, and black pepper to make the cooking liquid.
- Pour liquid over the pork and set Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE for 50 minutes cooking time.
- When cooking time is up, use NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE for at least 20 minutes; then release the rest of the pressure with quick release method if there is still pressure in the pot.
- While the pork cooks, make Greek Salsa.
- When all pressure has released, remove pork to a cutting board. Set Instant Pot on SAUTE and LESS HEAT to simmer liquid until it’s reduced to about 3/4 cup (or slightly more, you can taste and see how concentrated you like it.)
- Shred the pork apart using a fork and return it to the pressure cooker set to KEEP WARM setting.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave or by toasting for 1-2 minutes in a dry pan over high heat.
- To assemble tacos, fold a tortilla in half then put some of the hot pork on one half of the taco and cover with desired amount of Greek Salsa. Fold over to serve.
Slow Cooker Method:
- Trim and brown the pork roast and make cooking liquid as described above, reducing the amount of chicken stock to 1/3 cup for slow cooker method.<
- Put browned pork in the slow cooker, pour cooking liquid over, and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or until the meat shreds apart easily.
- Just before you are ready to serve, make the Greek Salsa.
- Remove the pork to a cutting board. Transfer the cooking liquid to a pan on the stove and simmer over medium-low heat to reduce to 3/4 cup.
- Shred pork apart with a fork and put pork and reduced liquid back in the slow cooker to stay warm. (I might turn the slow cooker to high for that.)
- Heat the tortillas and assemble tacos as described above.
I made Greek Pork Tacos in my 6 quart Instant Pot but of course you can use another Electric Pressure Cooker or a stovetop pressure cooker if that’s what you have. And look at the end of the recipe for tips if you’d prefer to make this in a slow cooker.
Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara, with inspiration from Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls.All images and text ©
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
The low-carb tortillas I used here should work for most low-carb diet plans and these Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos should also be fine for the South Beach Diet Phase Two. Make lettuce wraps if you prefer Greek Tacos that are also Keto, gluten-free, and South Beach Diet Phase One.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.