Cucumber Ribbon Salad
(This is an old recipe that has been archived on the site, but I am leaving the printer-friendly recipe here so people who enjoyed the salad can still find the recipe. See 30 Low-Carb Salads with Cucumbers for lots more salad ideas using cucumbers.)
- 2 large European cucumbers (see notes)
- 10 radishes
- 6 mini-peppers (see notes)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 T Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice (see notes)
- 2 tsp. Fish Sauce (see notes)
- 2 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more or less to taste)
- Cut ends off the cucumbers, and peel off some strips if the peel seems thick. (I didn’t peel any off from the European cucumbers we used.)
- To get individual ribbon, cut a slit lengthwise, going about half-way through the cucumber.
- Then use a Spiralizer, Mandoline Slicer or other method to slice the cucumber into round ribbons. (affiliate links)
- Put cucumbers between a double layer of paper towels and press down to press out the liquid and get it absorbed into the towel. (You might need to do that twice if the cucumbers are pretty wet.)
- Cut off ends of the mini-peppers and scoop out the seeds; then slice into thin slices.
- Slice the radishes.
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts (if using).
- Whisk together the Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your choice, fresh lime juice, fish sauce (or Vegan fish sauce), Chili Garlic Sauce, and a little salt to make the dressing.
- Put cucumbers, peppers, radishes, and green onions into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the dressing, toss all ingredients together.
- Serve the salad, sprinkled with peanuts if desired.
- This salad is best when it’s tossed with the dressing right before serving. Enjoy!