Breakfast Casserole with Cottage Cheese, Bacon, and Feta
This Breakfast Casserole with Cottage Cheese, Bacon, Feta is extra easy to make, delicious, and really low in carbs. And I first made this tasty breakfast casserole when I had a broken arm, so you know I’m serious when I say this recipe is easy!
I created this recipe for Breakfast Casserole with Cottage Cheese, Bacon, and Feta years ago, after I slipped on my icy steps and landed flat on my back with a broken arm. Now the arm is long healed, but I still make this recipe when I want a recipe that’s extra easy! Plus BACON and FETA, how could this not taste amazing?
I made a small version of this casserole the first time (since I had that previously mentioned broken arm.) But if you want to make this for Weekend Food Prep and have leftovers, just double the recipe and make in a larger dish.
What ingredients do you need?
- cottage cheese, rinsed and drained
- crumbled Feta
- green onions
- Spike Seasoning (or use other all purpose seasoning mix)
- fresh ground black pepper
What if you’re not a fan of cottage cheese?
The cottage cheese in this breakfast casserole just adds extra creaminess, and I promise this doesn’t taste like cottage cheese. But if you can’t imagine using that ingredient, replace it with another type of mild white cheese.
What kind of bacon did I use?
I made this recipe with pre-cooked bacon from Costco that I just cooked in the microwave to crisp it. But any kind of bacon will work fine, just cook until crisp and crumble it.
Want more tips for Breakfast Casseroles?
Check out my master recipes for low-carb and Keto breakfast casseroles if you want tips for making a breakfast casserole out of whatever’s in the fridge!
How to Make Breakfast Casserole with Cottage Cheese, Bacon, and Feta:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- I used just four pieces of pre-cooked bacon, cooked it more in the microwave. (You can certainly use more bacon, especially if you have a broken arm.)
- I rinsed one cup of cottage cheese so I had just the curds.
- I also used 3 oz. (1/3 cup) crumbled Feta. (More Feta is also good!)
- And I used another 1/3 cup sliced green onions (measured in the same measuring cup!)
- Spray a very small (9″x7″ or 8″x8″) glass casserole dish and combine the crumbled bacon, cottage cheese, Feta, and green onions.
- Season with a little Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or other all-purpose seasoning that’s good with eggs, and some fresh ground black pepper.
- Beat 8 eggs and pour over the other ingredients; then gently “stir” so they’re well combined.
- Bake at 375F/190C for 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture is set and starting to lightly brown.
- Serve not. This keeps well in the fridge for a few days and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Low-Carb Breakfast Casseroles:
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep where you’ll find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week! This only makes four servings, but can easily be doubled if you want to make it for food prep, or make 1.5 times the recipe if you prefer.
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup cottage cheese, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or use other all purpose seasoning mix)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375F/190C. Spray a very small (9″x7″ or 8″x8″) glass casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook bacon in the microwave until it’s very crisp and blot away the fat with paper towels as much as you prefer, then crumble.
- Drain the cottage cheese into a fine-mesh colander, spray with cold water until the creamy part washes away and only the curds remain, and let drain.
- Crumble the feta, slice the green onions, and beat the eggs.
- Combine the crumbled bacon, cottage cheese, Feta, and green onions in the casserole dish.
- Season the ingredients with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and pepper, pour over the beaten eggs, and gently stir so all ingredients are combined.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture is firm and starting to slightly brown on top. (It will puff a bit while it cooks and then settle back down as it cools.
- Serve hot.
This keeps well in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave for a minute or so.
Recipe created by Kalyn when she had a broken arm but needed a good breakfast.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 404mgSodium: 743mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Breakfast casseroles made with low-carb ingredients are a great idea for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner for low-carb diets any phase of the original South Beach Diet. It’s recommended to use low-fat cheese for South Beach and regular bacon is not really recommended, but turkey bacon or Canadian bacon would be good in this. For traditional low-carb and Keto diets, use full-fat cheese and as much bacon as you prefer.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest or on Facebook to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.