Bacon and Feta Mini Frittata
Bacon and Feta Mini Frittata is a delicious and quick low-carb or Keto breakfast for two, and with bacon and Feta you know this has to be good!
I shake my head sometimes when I look at my earliest posts, and apparently when I named this recipe back in 2009 I thought it was clever to call it Un-Scrambled Eggs. Now I’m calling this tasty breakfast Bacon and Feta Mini Frittata and this is an easy and delicious low-carb breakfast for two. (Or make it for one person with a bigger appetite!) This mini frittata has three of my all-time favorite ingredients, (bacon, Feta, and green onions!) and it’s just the the kind of breakfast I love to make on the weekend.
For this recipe I used just two slices of pre-cooked bacon, but of course you can use more or less bacon as desired. I cooked bacon in the microwave and then crumbled it, but you could cook the bacon in the pan first and then add the green onions if you’d like more fat and more bacon flavor. I hope you’ll be as happy as I was with this simple, quick breakfast idea that’s loaded with flavor.
How to Make Bacon and Feta Mini Frittata:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Start by beating the eggs with the milk, half and half, or cream, and a small amount of Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or other all-purpose seasoning blend.
- Add olive oil or butter to 9 inch omelet pan, and cook the sliced green onions for a couple of minutes.
- Add the crumbled bacon to the pan and cook a minute more. (I used pre-cooked bacon that I crisped in the microwave. If you prefer cooking bacon in the pan cut the raw bacon into small slices and cook it before the green onions. You might want to spoon out some of the bacon fat if there seems like a lot.)
- Pour in beaten eggs into the pan.
- Then crumble the Feta cheese over the top, turn heat to very low, cover the pan and cook about 10 minutes.
- The eggs will puff up slightly when they’re done. Eat!
- If you’re only eating one serving, the rest will keep in the fridge just fine and you’ll have a tasty breakfast for the next day!
More Eggs with Feta Cheese:
Mushroom and Feta Breakfast Casserole ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Decadent Scrambled Eggs Topped with Spinach and Feta ~ Nourishing Gourmet
Cottage Cheese and Egg Breakfast Muffins with Mushrooms and Feta ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Crustless Asparagus Quiche with Feta Cheese ~ Cookin’ Canuck
Kale and Feta Breakfast Casserole ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 1 T half and half (see notes)
- Spike Seasoning to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon, or more (see notes)
- 2 sliced green onions
- 2 tsp. olive oil (see notes)
- 2 T crumbled Feta (or a little more if you're a big Feta Cheese fan)
- For best results with this recipe, use a 9″ non-stick omelet pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, and Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or other all-purpose seasoning blend. (Don’t be tempted to add salt, the bacon and Feta will make it salty enough!)
- Cook bacon in microwave until very crisp, about 1 minute if you start with pre-cooked bacon like I did. (If you prefer cooking bacon in the pan cut the raw bacon into small slices and cook it before the green onions. You might want to spoon out some of the bacon fat if there seems like a lot when the bacon is cooked.)
- Add olive oil to omelet pan (or use butter or bacon grease), then add green onions, turn heat to low, and cook 2-3 minutes or until onions are just starting to soften, but not browned.
- Then crumble bacon, add to pan, and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour beaten eggs over the onion-bacon mixture, then crumble Feta over eggs.
- Keep heat on low, cover pan, and cook about 10 minutes. It’s done when eggs look set but still slightly moist, Feta looks melted, and the eggs have puffed up slightly.
- Turn off heat and let eggs sit one minute. Grind some fresh ground pepper over, and enjoy.
Use milk, half and half, or cream, whichever you prefer. I use pre-cooked bacon from Costco, the type that’s sold in the refrigerated case. Use more or less bacon as you prefer. Use butter or bacon fat to cook for this recipe if you prefer.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 301mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Bacon and Feta Mini Frittata is suitable for most low-carb and low-glycemic eating plans, including Keto. The original South Beach Diet discourages eating bacon because of the saturated fat, so if you make this with bacon it’s an occasional treat for South Beach Dieters.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for This Recipe:
Bacon and Feta Mini Frittata was first posted in 2009 when I thought it was clever to call it “Unscrambled Eggs.” It was last updated June 2020 with a more appropriate title!