Spicy Chicken Salad
(This Spicy Chicken Salad is an old recipe that has been archived on the site. I’m leaving the printer-friendly recipe here so people who were fans of the recipe can still find it.)
- 4 cups chopped leftover chicken
- 4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup slivered red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped basil (see notes)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 T rice vinegar (not seasoned rice vinegar, which contains sugar)
- 2 T soy sauce (Use gluten-free soy sauce if needed.)
- 1 tsp. Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. ginger puree or minced ginger
- 1/4 cup Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter, or any natural peanut butter without added sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha Sauce (or more)
- Combine the peanut oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate link), Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) or sweetener of your choice, sesame oil, ginger puree, and Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link) in food processor or mini-processor.
- Mix until well combined. Taste to see if you want to add more sweetness or hotness.
- Chop enough chicken to make 4 cups chopped cooked chicken.
- Then combine chicken with part of the dressing and let chicken soak in the dressing while you chop other ingredients.
- Chop lettuce and cucumber and slice the sugar snap peas, red pepper and basil.
- Toss the vegetables and basil together with the chicken that’s been marinating in the dressing.
- Then add additional dressing to taste, depending on how wet you like your salads.
- Serve right away.
- If this makes more than you will eat at one time, I would prepare all the dressing but don’t toss the dressing with the chicken or chop other ingredients until right before you’re going to eat the salad.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
24 Comments on “Spicy Chicken Salad”
Hi, Kalyn. This looks delicious. But I need a little clarification. Your recipe calls for "1/4 peanut butter." I assume this means 1/4 cup, but then the printer friendly recipe lists "2 T peanut butter." Could you please clear this up? Thanks.
This makes enough dressing for 3-4 salads. And I thought I made that clear, so I will edit and make sure it is. The dressing will keep well in the fridge at least a week.
Thanks, Kalyn. Sorry I didn't think to ask this with my first question, but is the dressing amount for 1 salad or more?
Hi KatesMom. Thank You for catching that. I did increase the peanut butter from 2 T to 1/4 cup when I updated the recipe and then apparently forgot to update the printer friendly version (duh.) You can start with the 2 T if you want and see if you want to increase it, but I liked it with more peanut butter. Hope you enjoy!