Tomato, Arugula, Olive, and Caper No-Cook Pasta Sauce
(This Tomato, Arugula, Olive, and Caper No Cook Pasta Sauce is an old recipe that has been archives on the site but I am keeping the printer-friendly version here so people who have enjoyed the recipe can still find it. You might also like to see Tomato Basil No-Cook Pasta Sauce or Tomato, Herb, and Feta No-Cook Pasta Sauce.)
- 4 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped arugula (or more)
- 15 Pitted Kalamata Olives (affiliate link), sliced
- 2 T Capers (affiliate link), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- 1 T finely minced fresh garlic or Minced Garlic (affiliate link)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (more or less to taste, this was just a little spicy
- Start by chopping up a generous amount of juicy garden-fresh tomatoes!
- I used about 2 cups of chopped arugula. I wouldn’t mind even more arugula, so if you’re a big arugula fan like I am, go for it!
- I sliced the Kalamata olives rather than cutting them in half so more olive flavor was distributed through out the dish.
- I also slightly chopped the capers for the same reason (and used more capers than the recipe said, because I love capers.)
- When all those ingredients are ready, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, and red chili flakes.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, chopped arugula, sliced olives, and chopped capers in a glass or plastic bowl, then pour over the olive oil mixture.
- Let the sauce sit on the counter for an hour (or more!)
- Serve the sauce with cooked spaghetti, sauteed Zucchini Noodles, Palmini Pasta (affiliate link) or any of the varieties of Fiber Gourmet Light Pasta (affiliate link). And definitely it would be amazing over grilled chicken, fish, or pork chops.