Moroccan Spice Mix
I’m a huge fan of this blend of spices called Moroccan Spice Mix, although truthfully I don’t know how authentically Moroccan it is. This is a great idea to give away for a holiday food gift when you don’t want to give sweets.
People who don’t want to eat a lot of sweets also don’t want to give them away for holiday gifts, and that’s why I started the tradition of giving spice blends I make or purchased spice blends as a gift during the holidays. And this Moroccan Spice Mix will be a fun gift idea for anyone who loves roasted vegetables!
What ingredients do you need?
- ground Cumin (affiliate link)
- ground coriander (affiliate link)
- chile powder, I used ground Ancho chile (affiliate link)
- Szeged Sweet Paprika (affiliate link) or any brand you like
- ground cinnamon (affiliate link)
- ground allspice (affiliate link)
- ground ginger (affiliate link)
- cayenne pepper
- ground cloves (affiliate link)
Recipes where I’ve used the Moroccan Spice Mix:
What other vegetables can you cook with this Moroccan Spice Mix?
This blend of interesting spices is also delicious on sweet potatoes, cauliflower, parsnips, or turnips!
Want more spice blend ideas to make or buy for a holiday gift?
Check out Spice Blends to Give for a Holiday Gift for lots more ideas for seasonal gifts when you don’t want to give sweets!
- 8 T ground cumin
- 4 T ground coriander
- 2 T chile powder (see notes)
- 2 T Sweet Paprika (sometimes just called paprika)
- 2 T ground cinnamon
- 1 T ground allspice
- 1 T ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. ground cloves (optional)
- Mix ground cumin, ground coriander, chile powder, sweet paprika, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, and cloves to make the spice mix.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- It only takes a small amount of this to season roasted vegetables, so if you're giving it for a holiday gift you might just give some in a snack-size Ziploc bag with the recipe stapled on.
I use ground Ancho chile powder, but use what you have on hand.
Serving Size:1 teaspoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.