Green Chile Quesadillas with Turkey and Cheese
Green Chile Quesadillas with Turkey and Cheese have the flavors of green chile chicken enchiladas, and these are low in net carbs! And you can mix up the filling and keep it in the fridge to make quesadillas a few times with your leftover turkey.
I know most people are having a smaller Thanksgiving dinner this year, but if you’re still making a turkey I want to remind you of this seriously fun idea for leftover turkey. I wanted to call this recipe Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas because of the way the turkey, cream cheese, and green chile filling in the quesadillas reminds me of my favorite Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas! I decided that would be a confusing recipe name, but if you like creamy chicken enchiladas with green chiles you’re going to love this new idea for Green Chile Quesadillas with Turkey and Cheese.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can make the turkey, cream cheese, and green chile filling and keep it in the fridge to make quesadillas over and over when you need a quick dinner, so it might be worth buying some deli turkey even if you don’t have leftovers. Then when you need a quick lunch or dinner, grab a low-carb tortilla and some grated mozzarella and you’re ready to eat in less than 10 minutes!
Which Low-Carb Tortillas Do I Use?
I spotlighted the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas and shared my favorite recipes with low-carb tortillas if you’re interested in reading that. But I do think there are lots of options for good low-carb tortillas, so use the ones you prefer!
How to Make Green Chile Quesadillas with Turkey and Cheese:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Pulse chopped deli turkey or leftover turkey in the food processor until it’s shredded apart.
- Then add green chiles and cream cheese and pulse a few times to make a creamy mixture.
- Spread a thin layer on a low-carb tortilla, lay it in a heated pan, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, or any cheese you prefer.
- Fold over the tortilla and cook about two minutes per side, or until the quesadilla is nicely browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot. I like these quesadillas with some sour cream and salsa for dipping; enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes with Low-Carb Tortillas:
Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Fish Soft Tacos and Low-Carb Zucchini Tortillas ~ White on Rice Couple
Green Chile Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Shrimp and Avocado Quesadillas ~ The Perfect Pantry
- 1/2 lb. sliced deli turkey or leftover turkey (see notes)
- one 4 oz. can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 8 Mission Carb Balance tortillas (see notes)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tsp. olive oil for brushing the pan (see notes)
- sour cream for serving (optional)
- salsa for serving (optional)
- Coarsely chop the turkey and put in food processor.
- Pulse a few times until the turkey is shredded apart. (You can probably chop and mix by hand too if you don’t have a food processor.)
- Add the drained green chiles and cream cheese and pulse a few more times until the mixture is combined.
- Mist or brush a non-stick frying pan with olive oil (or non-stick spray if you prefer) and turn on heat to medium-low.
- Spread one-half of a low-carb tortilla with the turkey mixture and lay in the frying pan.
- Sprinkle a little bit of grated mozzarella over the turkey mixture and use a turner to fold over the quesadilla.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted and the outside of the tortilla is nicely browned.
- Serve hot, with sour cream and salsa on the side if desired.
Turkey that’s not sliced too thin will work best, I used the sliced roasted turkey from Costco. I love Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas, but there are lots of good brands. Use 8-10 inch size tortillas. You can use melted butter instead of olive oil if you prefer.
Nutritional information doesn't include the optional sour cream and salsa for serving. Be sure to check the net carbs as the low-carb tortillas are high in fiber!
This recipe created by Kalyn with experimenting assistance from Kara and Jake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 11.6gSaturated Fat: 4.8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5.2gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 786mgCarbohydrates: 23.2gFiber: 15.3gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 17g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Using low-carb tortillas and low-fat cream cheese and mozzarella would make these Green Chile Quesadillas with Turkey and Cheese a good choice for phase 2 of the original South Beach Diet. It would also be suitable for most types of Low-Carb eating plans, and low-carb dieters will want full-fat cheese and cream cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Tortilla Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.