Val’s Sweet Cabbage Slaw
(This is an old recipe that has been archived on the site, but I am leaving the printer-friendly recipe here so that anyone who has enjoyed the recipe will still be able to find it.)
- 6 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley (see notes)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (or more)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated Monkfruit Sweetener (see notes)
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut out core from cabbage, then thinly slice and coarsely chop slices until you have about 6 cups chopped cabbage.
- Wash and coarsely chop parsley.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- In small bowl or glass measuring cup, stir together the canola oil, white balsamic vinegar or white vinegar, sweetener, salt, and pepper.
- Put chopped cabbage, chopped parsley, and sliced green onions into salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Add just enough dressing to moisten salad, and toss again. (You may not need all the dressing.)
- Taste to see if you want more salt or pepper, then serve.
- This will keep for a day or so in the fridge, although I think it’s better freshly made when the cabbage has more crunch.