Roasted Salmon with Rosemary and Garlic Rub
For a tasty low-carb meal any time of year, it doesn’t get much easier than this Roasted Salmon with Rosemary and Garlic Rub.
If anyone asked me what foods I’d never get tired of, salmon would be near the top of the list, so I love easy recipes like this this Roasted Salmon with Rosemary and Garlic Rub. This recipe is easy enough to make after a hard day at work or home, and it’s so delicious that you won’t feel like you’re dieting. If you don’t want to make the Rosemary and Garlic Rub just use a commercial fish rub but do try this easy method for making tasty salmon!
How to Make Roasted Salmon with Rosemary and Garlic Rub:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Salmon filets are rubbed with a small amount of olive oil and about a tsp. of the rub and allowed to come to room temperature while the oven heats.
- You can use my favorite Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate link) if you don’t want to make the Rosemary and Garlic Rub!
- Then salmon is roasted at high heat for 9-10 minutes, or until the salmon feels slightly firm to the touch.
- That’s it for this easy and delicious recipe!
More Tasty Salmon from Kalyn:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Rosemary-Garlic Rub (see notes)
- Put salmon on roasting pan or rack.
- Rub each salmon piece with about 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of salmon with Rosemary and Garlic rub, rubbing with your fingers so the surface of the salmon is well coated with the rub.
- Let rubbed fish come to room temperature while you preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Roast salmon (without turning) for 9-10 minutes, or until fish feels slightly firm but not hard to the touch.
- I prefer my salmon slightly undercooked rather than overcooked and cooked it just 9 minutes, but actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon.
- Serve Roasted Salmon hot.
This rub is good on salmon, chicken, or pork, so make the full amount and store in a glass jar, but you can use my favorite Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate link) if you don't want to bother making the rub.
This Rosemary and Garlic Rub and salmon recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 50g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Salmon roasted in the oven is a perfect main dish for any phase of the original South Beach Diet, or any other low-glycemic or low-carb eating plan. The salmon in the photo was served with Mary’s Perfect Salad. Another great phase one side dish would be Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Pecorino-Romano Cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Seafood Recipes or Oven Dinners to find more recipes like this one.Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.