Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake
Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake is easy and delicious for a quick dinner that will be a hit with everyone who likes sausage and peppers! Use Casserole Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
I first made this Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake last year during January when lots of people are wanting more carb-conscious meals. It took a couple of tries to get the combination of ingredients and photos I was satisfied with, and I didn’t get the keeper version until February.
But this recipe is so easy, so quick, and so delicious that it’s actually perfect for a low carb dinner any time of year. And even if you’re not watching carbs, if you like Italian sausage and peppers I bet you’ll love this for an easy meal.
How to make Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- I liked this best with a whole pound of brown Cremini mushrooms. Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil.
- While you’re cooking the mushrooms, brown the turkey Italian sausage in a different pan.
- When mushrooms are cooked layer than in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Then saute red and green pepper strips until they’re barely starting to soften and layer them over the mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Season the peppers and mushrooms with spices and black pepper.
- When sausage is brown, cut into half-slices and brown again on the cut sides.
- Add a layer of sausage in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375F/190C about 25 minutes, or until the dish is bubbling hot and the cheese is melted and nicely browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy! This will stay good in the fridge for several days and it reheats well.
More Easy Dinners with Sausage:
Sausage and Meatballs Recipes Index ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Sausage, Ground Beef, and Mozzarella ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Beef, Sausage, and Cabbage ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Breakfast Casserole with Sweet Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
I used Jenni-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage for this recipe which is low in carbs and gluten-free. Use pork sausage if you prefer more fat. Leftovers of this can be kept in the fridge for a day or two and reheated in a toaster oven or in the microwave. Recipe created by Kalyn.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 6g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 407mg Carbohydrates: 8.1g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 13g
I used Jenni-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage for this recipe which is low in carbs and gluten-free. Use pork sausage if you prefer more fat. Leftovers of this can be kept in the fridge for a day or two and reheated in a toaster oven or in the microwave.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms Low-Carb Cheesy Bake should be a good choice for most Low-Carb or low-glycemic eating plans, even Keto. If you’re making this recipe for the South Beach Diet, they would recommend lean turkey Italian sausage and reduced-fat mozzarella.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.