Sriracha Dipping Sauce
This amazing Sriracha Dipping Sauce has a secret ingredient that makes it a wow, and this slightly-spicy sauce is good on so many things! It’s perfect for sweet potatoes fries of course, but this post also has 15 low-carb suggestions for using it!
PIN Sriracha Dipping Sauce to try it later!
I remember how delighted I was when I discovered Sweet Potato Fries, and the recipes for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries and Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries both are favorites of mine. And even though the sweet potato fries are tossed in a mixture of spices, I absolutely love this Sriracha Dipping Sauce to go with my sweet potato fries. I’ll sometimes even eat this sauce on (gasp) frozen sweet potato fries like the ones in these photos, although there’s no doubt that from-scratch sweet potato fries are better.
This sauce is the perfect dip for sweet potato fries, and in my niece Kara’s family her teenagers make this over and over, even when she isn’t home. Fresh lime juice is the secret ingredient that I think makes this over-the-top good! And if you don’t want the carbs from the sweet potatoes fries, keep reading for ways to enjoy this sauce for a low-carb treat!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- sour cream
- fresh squeezed lime juice, I used my fresh-frozen lime juice
- Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link) to taste
What other things are good dipped into Sriracha Dipping Sauce:
- I’d love this sauce as another option for Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes.
- I’d eat it over Grilled Garlic Chicken, or Grilled Chicken.
- Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts would be amazing to dip into the sauce.
- It would make a great dip for Instant Pot Artichokes.
- It would taste great on Grilled Zucchini or the World’s Easiest Grilled Vegetables.
- I’d love it with Grilled Shrimp Skewers or Air Fryer Shrimp.
- I’d eat it on Chicken Veggie Kabobs.
- It would be amazing on Grilled Sriracha Turkey Meatballs!
- It would go perfectly with Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze.
- And of course it would be great with Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Broccoli, or Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
How to make Sriracha Dipping Sauce:
- Mix together the mayo and sour cream until no lumps appear.
- Whisk in Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link), starting with a tiny amount and then tasting until it’s as spicy as you prefer.
- I used about 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce, if you really like hot food you may want more than that.
- Then whisk in the fresh-squeezed lime juice, and blend until it’s creamy with no lumps.
- That’s all! Serve with sweet potato fries or any of the other things listed above and wait for compliments.
Want more tasty sauces or dipping sauces?
Use the category for Sauces to find more ideas for tasty sauce to drizzle over food or serve as a dipping sauce!
Sriracha Dipping Sauce
There's a secret ingredient in this Sriracha Dipping Sauce that I think makes it perfect for sweet potatoes fries, roasted vegetables, or a variety of other uses!
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 T fresh squeezed lime juice
- Sriracha sauce to taste (start with 1 tsp.)
- Whisk together sour cream and mayo, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Then add Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link), starting with a small amount, stirring to combine, and tasting until it is as spicy as you'd like it.
- I used about 1 tsp. but if you like spicy foods you'll probably want a bit more.
- When the sauce is as spicy as you'd like, add the fresh-squeezed lime juice and whisk in until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve dipping sauce with Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries or Air Fryer Spicy Sweet Potato Fries .
- See the list in this post for other ideas for using this tasty sauce!
Recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Spicy Mexican Slaw.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Sweet potato fries with a moderate amount of this Sriracha Dipping Sauce would be approved for phase 2 or 3 of the original South Beach Diet, especially if you make your own sweet potato fries and use light sour cream and light mayo. See the list in this post for low-carb ideas to eat with this tasty sauce!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Sauce Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index pages to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe
This recipe was posted in 2010. It was last updated with low-carb ideas for things to eat with the sauce and other information in 2021.
37 Comments on “Sriracha Dipping Sauce”
I just did a sriracha fry sauce recipe. I used a little ketchup, mayo and mostly greek yogurt, but I love your South Beach one. The lime is a great idea. In the end, what doesn't taste good with sriracha sauce. I just used my recipe with gilled salmon today for lunch. I bet your version would also taste great on a turkey burger.
Sweet potato fries and sriracha mayo… ahhh devine! You can also throw in some chopped green onions (and a bit extra sriracha) and eat with Cal rolls, use in spicy tuna, hamachi, lobster, etc. handrolls… They are heavenly. (I often skip sour cream, & just mix homemade mayo, sriracha & green onions.) They are great with steamed artichokes too!
I have lots of sweet potatoes… maybe I'll make the fries this weekend…
This looks yummy and is very timely – I have a bunch of sweet potatoes that I wasn't sure what to do with – having a sauce to "go with" will motivate me to roast them. Also that slaw recipe looks outstanding!
I adore sriracha … and sweet potato fries. I love the idea of using yogurt to make the dip too. Mmmm. Trying this soon!
Gotta try this. I'm really learning to lie Sriachi sauce. Thanks for this recipe.
Hi Kalyn. I love Sriracha Sauce and sweet potatoes. Thanks for an awesome recipe.
Sounds like a lovely combo! I love spicy & sweet.
try adding some thai sweet chili sauce (a la faux bang-bang shrimp from bonefish). it's delish!
Thanks for having this blog! I'm new to SBD, today being my first day on the diet, and have approximately 70 lbs. to lose. I'm excited about finding your blog and will be visiting a lot to use your recipes!
YUM! This looks great! I love sweet potato fries. And I love mayo dipping sauces. And spice! You just made my day!
That sauce sounds wonderful and the fries look absolutely fantastic. I love Sriracha!
Looks fabulous… sorry I haven't been around for awhile, I moved to the US Virgin Islands (I still giggle when I say that) for six months, and it is taking awhile to get settled. But i do think I am caught up, and will be back with new postings…
Come take a look at my new blogs of Island life!
And I am needing all the sauce recipes I can find. The prices here are incredible. SOur cream is $3 a container, and dips are all over $5 … saving these
Oh yes! I'm completely addicted to sriracha. And I could all too easily become addicted to sweet potato fries. I love sriracha mixed with Greek yogurt, lime and a bit of soy sauce.
I use sriracha sauce in everything. Thanks for one more idea!
I was also going to suggest subbing Greek yogurt for the sour cream. It's thick and tangy, higher in protein than sour cream.
I wish I could reach in and grab those fries. I would eat every single one. They look soooo good!
Dara, I've really gotten hooked on Sriracha!
I'm loving SueBob's idea of using plain yogurt in this. If anyone tries it that way, let us know how you like it. (This is why the internet is so great!)
Have you tried it with plain whole-milk yogurt? It seems like that might be great.
Thanks for the idea.
I have a big bottle or sriracha sauce in my pantry. I am definitely going to try this recipe. Those sweet potato fries look fabulous.