Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan (Video)
Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan are delicious and roasting brings out amazing flavor in green beans and mushrooms!
When I made Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan I didn’t ever guess that they’d end up being such an enormous hit on the blog. But this recipe has been viewed and pinned literally millions of times.
I love this recipe and I like to use the lovely thin French beans from Costco. And I do think roasting vegetables is the greatest trick to add to your cooking repertoire, because nothing concentrates and sweetens the flavor of vegetables more than roasting, and these beans are one of the all-time most popular Holiday Recipes on Kalyn’s Kitchen.
What ingredients do you need?
- fresh green beans
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- Balsamic Vinegar (affiliate link)
- salt and black pepper
- parmesan cheese
What if you don’t like Mushrooms?
If mushrooms are not a go in your family, instead of roasted green beans with mushrooms I recommend you make Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds; those roasted beans are amazing as well!
Want more ideas for Holiday Side Dishes?
Check out Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes or Keto Vegetable Recipes for Thanksgiving for lots more tasty holiday ideas that are low in carbs!
Even More Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Side Dishes:
How to make Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cut mushrooms into slices that are about 1/2 inch thick. It’s fairly important that mushrooms are the same thickness.
- Trim both ends of the beans and cut in half.
- I put the beans and mushrooms into a Ziploc bag, then whisked together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, poured it into the bag, and squeezed the veggies around until they were all coated with the oil-balsamic mixture.
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with non-stick spray and spread out beans and mushrooms.
- Bake in a preheated 450f/230C oven for 20-30 minutes, starting to check then after 20 minutes.
- When the veggies are done to your liking, put on a platter, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste, sprinkle with finely grated Parmesan, and devour!
More Delicious Recipes for Green Beans:
- Stir-Fried Green Beans with Lemon, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts
- Lemony Green Beans
- Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds
- Spicy Szechuan Green Beans
- Green Beans with Lemon, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, preferably thin French style beans
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 T finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Wash mushrooms and let drain (or spin dry in salad spinner, which is what I did.)
- Cut mushrooms into slices 1/2 inch thick when they are dry.
- While mushrooms are drying, trim ends of beans and cut beans in half so you have bite-sized pieces. (An easy way to trim them is to gather a small handful of beans, stand them up on cutting board, holding loosely so they will fall down and have ends ends aligned, then trim. Repeat with other end.)
- Put cut beans and mushrooms into a Ziploc bag or plastic bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over, then squeeze bag or stir so all the beans and mushrooms are lightly coated with the mixture.
- Arrange on large cookie sheet, spreading them out well so beans and mushrooms are not crowded.
- Roast 20-30 minutes, starting to check for doneness after 20 minutes.
- Cook until beans are tender-crisp, mushrooms are cooked, and all liquid on the pan from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Season beans to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper, then sprinkle with finely grated Parmesan. Serve hot.
I used brown Cremini mushrooms, but any mushrooms will work for this recipe.
This recipe was created by Kalyn many years ago!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 4.2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3.1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 8.2gFiber: 3gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 2.7g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan is a perfect low-carb side dish for any holiday, and it’s also approved for all phases of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2009 and became an immediate hot on the blog. It was updated with better photos in 2018 and last updated with more information in 2021.