Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin (Video)
Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin is definitely a treat for low-carb comfort food and this is one of my personal favorite casseroles!
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin.
I created this Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin on a January day a few years back when I wanted some low-carb comfort food. I had ham and cauliflower in the fridge, and thoughts of Low-Carb Twice Baked Cauliflower gave me the idea for this casserole with lots of cauliflower with ham, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Parmesan, green onion, and cheese. I’d love this delicious low-carb dinner for a cold winter night!
Of course I had to include this one when I updated my collection of 20+ Delicious Low-Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes recipes. There’s not much I don’t love about low-carb casseroles, but one of the biggest reasons I love to make them is the way they guarantee leftovers. And most low-carb casseroles also freeze well, including this one. (Did you know there’s a recipe index page for things that Can Freeze? I love to pull dinner out of the freezer when I don’t want to cook!) This Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin has been wildly popular; hope you enjoy trying it if you haven’t made this one yet!
How to Make Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- You need at least 6 cups of cauliflower, cut into small pieces.
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling salted water until it’s just getting soft; don’t overcook.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower well (at least 5 minutes).
- While the cauliflower cooks, cut up two cups of ham.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for a minute or so, then mix in the Greek yogurt (or sour cream), Parmesan, and sliced green onions.
- Mash the cauliflower slightly (in the pan you cooked it in) then stir in the sauce mixture so it’s completely mixed with the cauliflower and gently mix in the ham.
- Season to taste with fresh-ground black pepper.
- Spray the baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil, put the casserole mixture in in the dish, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and starting to brown and the mixture is hot throughout and starting to slightly bubble.
- Let sit about 10 minutes for any liquid in the dish to be absorbed, then serve hot and enjoy! This will keep in the fridge for a few days and reheats well.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin would taste great with Peperoncini Chopped Salad, American Greek Salad, or Caesar Salad with Kale, Romaine, and Shaved Parmesan for a low-carb meal.
More Tasty Low-Carb Ideas with Cauliflower:
Roasted Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Rice ~ the Food Charlatan
Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Green Chiles (Instant Pot or Stovetop) ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Garlic and Paprika Roasted Cauliflower ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Fried Cauliflower with Bacon and Mushrooms ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cauliflower Tortillas ~ Recipe Girl
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
You can also use sour cream if you're not a Greek yogurt fan; yogurt has just slightly less carbs. Definitely use more cheese if you'd like! This recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Twice Baked Cauliflower. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 855mgCarbohydrates: 7.7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g
You can also use sour cream if you're not a Greek yogurt fan; yogurt has just slightly less carbs. Definitely use more cheese if you'd like!
This recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Twice Baked Cauliflower.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin as shown would be suitable for low-carb, Keto, or low-glycemic diets. If you’re wanting it to be suitable for the South Beach Diet they would recommend lean ham, reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free Greek yogurt, and low-fat cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Casserole Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.