Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad
Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad has a delightful vinegar-lemon-oregano dressing, and this delicious salad is perfect with summer beans and tomatoes!
I know there have been a lot of salads and garden vegetables around here lately, but when I made this Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad with a vinegary-lemony-oregano dressing, I loved it so much that I thought I should share the recipe while people still had garden green beans.
I actually found the recipe for Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad Oreganato in a Woman’s World Magazine when I sat waiting for an appointment, and I got the receptionist to photocopy the page for me! I added the the Feta, which I thought was a perfect flavor with this salad, but what really makes this is the tangy dressing that has both red wine vinegar and fresh lemon juice. If you have garden beans or good fresh beans from the store, please make this salad!
How to Make Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Start by whisking together the dressing ingredients so the flavors have a chance to blend while you prep the other ingredients.
- Cut green beans into bite-sized pieces, then cook in boiling water for just 3-4 minutes so beans are still crisp. (These beans and the grape tomatoes were from my garden, yaay!)
- While beans cook, cut cherry or grape tomatoes in half (or you could use regular tomatoes cut in pieces, but the small whole tomatoes are a little prettier.
- Slice a few green onions in diagonal slices.
- When beans are barely tender crisp drain well, rinse with cold water, then drain again.
- Then put the cooled beans between a double layer of paper towels and blot dry. (Don’t skip this step or the salad will be watery.)
- Combine beans, tomatoes, and green onions, and toss with the tangy dressing, stirring so all the veggies are coated with dressing.
- Then stir in the crumbled feta and stir just to combine.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
More Recipes Using Green Beans:
Braised Green Beans with Garlic, Tomatoes, Olives, and Capers from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Balinese Green Beans from The Perfect Pantry
Green Bean Salad with Greek Olives and Feta Cheese from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Green Beans with Whole Grain Mustard and Honey Vinaigrette from White on Rice Couple
Green Bean, Tomato, Onion, and Basil Summer Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Want More Summer Tomato Salads?
Check out Ten Favorite Summer Tomato Salads (plus Honorable Mentions) for more amazing salad ideas for summer tomatoes!
- 12 oz. fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 green onions, cut on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (see notes)
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. salt (I used sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients so the flavors can combine while you prep the other ingredients.
- Trim ends of beans and cut into bite-sized pieces, washing if needed.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt, then add beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until barely tender-crisp. (Taste a bean to be sure.)
- While beans cook, cut cherry tomatoes in half and slice green onions in thin diagonal slices.
- When beans are tender-crisp, drain into a colander placed in the sink, then rinse beans with cold water until they’re cool.
- Drain beans again, then put them between a double layer of paper towels and blot dry. (Don’t skip this step or the salad will be watery.)
- Combine beans, tomatoes, and green onions in a salad bowl, then toss with the tangy dressing, stirring until the vegetables are well-coated with dressing.
- Add crumbled Feta and stir just to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- I didn’t think this would keep well in the refrigerator because chilling tomatoes takes away their flavor, but it was actually still very good after a night in the fridge. I wouldn’t purposely make it ahead, but if you have leftovers, go ahead and save them and you might be surprised.
Be sure to zest the lemon first and then squeeze the juice.
This recipe adapted from Woman’s World Magazine which doesn’t seem to have recipes online.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 9.7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6.4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 8.2gFiber: 2.7gSugar: 4.5gProtein: 3.6g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad is a perfect side dish or lunch salad for any phase of the original South Beach Diet, or any type of low-glycemic or low-carb eating plan.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.