Internet’s Best Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken (VIDEO)
Internet’s Best Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken is my version of a chicken dish that’s been popular all over the internet! I bet this is a low-carb chicken dinner you’ll make over and over.
A few years ago I discovered the inspiring recipe for this Internet’s Best Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken in a Facebook group where people share recipes, and this is chicken recipe that really caught my eye. I loved the idea of using mayonnaise as an ingredient to keep chicken moist in the oven, so I printed the recipe, and then as I always do I tried to find the original source.
What I did end up finding was variations of this recipe with rave reviews all over the internet, some with no attribution at all, but many attributed to another website or blog in an endless loop of internet recipe posting that didn’t seem to start in any particular place! (If anyone sees a site that claims to be the original source, I would love to credit them!)
When I worked on adapting the recipe with Kara, we absolutely loved the version we came up with. We did tweak it to use slightly less mayo and Parmesan and added a little poultry seasoning, but the idea was essentially the same. And I understand why the recipe has been shared far and wide on the internet! I’m featuring it today as my Friday Favorites pick for this week, and I hope this reminder will encourage you make this for an easy dinner some time soon!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Internet’s Best Low-Carb Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Parmesan cheese (For best results, use coarsely-shredded Parmesan or grate your own.)
- poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
Steps for making my version of Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Trim the chicken, removing pieces of fat or ragged edges. I had two breasts that were extra-large, so I cut them in half and made 6 pieces.
- Pound chicken just enough to make each piece an even thickness.
- I used my trick from Juicy Grilled Chicken Breasts and cut small slits crosswise in the chicken.
- Then mix the mayo, Poultry Seasoning (affiliate link), garlic powder and pepper and stir in the Parmesan.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer. (Choose the smallest dish you can use that fits all the chicken.)
- Use a rubber scraper (affiliate link) to spread a layer of the mayo mixture over each piece of chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is firm and cooked through and the mayo-parmesan topping is nicely browned.
- Serve hot, and wait for compliments!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This would be great with a low-carb side dish like Lemony Green Beans or Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese for a low-carb meal.
More Tasty Recipes for Chicken:
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Chicken Recipes ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
65 Best Low-Carb Chicken Recipes ~ I Breathe I’m Hungry
Roasted Lemon Chicken and Green Beans Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
I saw variations on this Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken all over the internet and experimented with Kara to come up with my version you see in this recipe. If anyone knows the original source of the recipe, I would love to credit them! Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g
I saw variations on this Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken all over the internet and experimented with Kara to come up with my version you see in this recipe. If anyone knows the original source of the recipe, I would love to credit them!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Internet’s Best Low-Carb Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken is great for low-carb diet plans, including Keto, and it’s also a low-glycemic dish. For the South Beach Diet, light mayo would definitely be recommended and the amount of Parmesan would probably make is an occasional treat for South Beach Dieters.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Oven Dinners to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.