Instant Pot Paprika Pork Chops
Pork chops cook quickly in the Instant Pot, and these low-carb Instant Pot Paprika Pork Chops were very tasty.
There’s quite a collection of Pork Recipes on this site, but these Instant Pot Paprika Pork Chops were the first pork chops I’ve made in the Instant Pot! Ever since I’ve become a confirmed Instant Pot fan, I’ve loved using it to cook pork.
But I discovered that Instant Pot pork chops are more challenging than Instant Pot pork roast that’s shredded and added to a sauce of some kind. We enjoyed these pork chops when we tested the recipe, but after a couple of people commented that their pork chops were dry, I made the recipe again with Kara to see why that was happening. When we made them again, we realized that in a hectic cooking day we must have written down 1/2 cup chicken stock instead of the 1 1/2 cups that it should have been. I am so sorry; there is nothing I hate more than making a mistake in a recipe.
And we ended up making the recipe several more times to see if we could improve it, and in our experimenting we added a little more oil and more vinegar to the cooking liquid, and tested even more and lowered the cooking time. I do want to say that Instant Pot Pork Chops won’t ever give the juicy texture of pork chops cooked quickly on the grill. These pork chops are meant to be eaten with the sauce spooned over. And this is a recipe to use nice thick bone-in pork chops, preferably with some marbling in the meat. Thinner pork chops will be overdone. That said, I am updating the recipe with the changes we made, and I hope people will enjoy the pork chops!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- large thick bone-in pork chops
- olive oil
- Spanish Sweet Paprika (affiliate link) (or use any Paprika you have, even smoked Paprika)
- Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link), or any all-purpose seasoning that’s good on meat
- fresh-ground black pepper
- white balsamic vinegar (affiliate link) or white wine vinegar
- granulated garlic
- Dried Thyme (affiliate link); I would use Ground Thyme (affiliate link) if you have it.
- chicken stock or canned chicken broth (affiliate link)
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
How to make this recipe:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- Trim some of the fat from four large bone-in pork chops, or leave it on if you prefer.
- Mix Spanish Sweet Paprika (affiliate link) Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link) and a little salt and pepper to rub the pork chops. (Any type of Paprika will work, even smoked Paprika. The Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning has salt, garlic, white pepper, onion, ginger, and hickory smoke flavor, so if you don’t have Pork Chop Seasoning just use a pinch of whichever of those you have.)
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE, HIGH HEAT and heat the oil; then brown the pork chops two at a time, about 2-3 minutes per side. Add a little more oil when you brown the other two chops.
- While the chops brown, mix together white balsamic vinegar (affiliate link), granulated garlic, Dried Thyme (affiliate link), chicken stock and the other tablespoon of olive oil. After you remove pork chops, add that mixture to the Instant Pot and scrape off any browned bits in the bottom of the pot.
- Then add pork chops, lock the lid, set Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, use QUICK RELEASE to release the pressure.
- Remove the pork chops and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Use a Fat Skimmer (affiliate link) to strain out the herbs and bits of browned meat from the sauce if desired, then set pressure cooker to SAUTE, HIGH HEAT and simmer the sauce to reduce it to the thickness you prefer.
- Serve Paprika Pork Chops hot, with sauce on the side to pour over the meat.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
While the pork chops cook you could make The Best Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic Parmesan and Goat Cheese and maybe Mary’s Spring Mix Salad with Feta and Pine Nuts if you want something green.
More Pork in the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Green Chile Pork Taco Bowl ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Loin ~ CopyKat Recipes
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Chile Verde ~ The Cookie Rookie
The BEST Instant Pot Dinners with Pork ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
- 4 large thick bone-in pork chops (see notes)
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. Spanish Sweet Paprika (or use any Paprika you have, even smoked Paprika)
- 1/2 tsp. Penzey's Pork Chop Seasoning (or any all-purpose seasoning that's good on meat)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme (I would use ground thyme if you have it.)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Trim a little of the fat from pork chops, or leave it on, whichever you prefer.
- Mix Paprika (affiliate link) Pork Chop Seasoning (affiliate link) salt, and pepper and rub the pork chops with that mixture.
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE, HIGH HEAT and heat 1 T olive oil oil; then brown two pork chops, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the other T olive oil and brown the other two pork chops. Remove pork chops to a plate.
- While the chops brown, mix together vinegar, granulated garlic, dried thyme, chicken stock and the other 1 T olive oil.
- When you've browned and removed all the pork chops, add that liquid mixture to the Instant Pot and scrape off any browned bits in the bottom of the pot.
- Add pork chops to the Instant Pot, pushing them down under the liquid as much as you can, lock the lid, and set Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time ends, use QUICK RELEASE to release the pressure.
- Remove the pork chops to a serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- If you want a smooth sauce without any lumps, use a Fat Skimmer (affiliate link) to strain out the herbs and bits of browned meat from the sauce.
- Then set pressure cooker to SAUTE, HIGH HEAT and simmer the sauce about 10-15 minutes to reduce it to the thickness you prefer.
- Serve pork chops hot, with sauce to spoon over the meat.
I used a 6-Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) for this recipe. I used pork chops that were an inch thick; pork chops with some marbling in the pork will give best results. Time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and release pressure is not included in cooking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a good main dish for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Pressure Cooker Recipes to find more low-carb recipes like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.