For a long time I avoided having official “rules” for Weekend Herb Blogging, in keeping with the whimsical way the event began. However, now the event is quite popular, and since other people are sharing in the hosting duties, I’ve decided to establish rules to keep Weekend Herb Blogging unique among food blog events.
1. Entries submitted for Weekend Herb Blogging need to be posts written during that week specifically for this event and the post cannot be entered in other food blog events. (The only exceptions to this rule would be for photo events, where a photo used in a WHB post is submitted for Does My Blog Look Good in This, Click, or other photo event.)
2. Entries can be recipes and/or informative posts featuring any herb, plant, vegetable, or flower. When possible, bloggers are encouraged to add details from other sources so others can learn about the featured plant or ingredient.
3. Entries should contain the words Weekend Herb Blogging with a link to the host for that week. (Use of the Weekend Herb Blogging logo and a Technorati tag for Weekend Herb Blogging is always nice, but completely optional.)
4. Entries can be written any time during the week, but should be submitted to the host for that week by 3:00 P.M. on Sunday to be included in the Recap for that week. (This is based on Utah time, enter Salt Lake City into this map to calculate the difference where you are.) At the discretion of the host, posts submitted too late will be held over for the following week. Please put WHB in the subject line of your e-mail to identify it for the host. (Edit 10-07: It would be very helpful if you make sure your e-mail to the host includes the preferred name you would like to be called as well as your location.)
5. (added 7-30-07) To make it manageable for the hosts, each participant is limited to one entry per week.