Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs
Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs has lots of broccoli with a little ham and mozzarella baked with the eggs for a delicious combination! And this is a low-carb breakfast the whole family is probably going to like.
I don’t usually post on Sunday, but as I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’m in Costa Rica! It’s lovely here and tomorrow when I’d usually be sharing a recipe I’ll be leaving way early in the morning to go on a river cruise. So tonight I’m reminding you about this favorite breakfast casserole of Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs.
If you’re one of the many people who are starting a low-carb eating journey in January, you definitely should try this recipe. It’s loaded with low-carb ingredients, plus I think trying to eat vegetables with every meal is one of the best healthy eating tips ever, and I’ve made this quite a few times to keep in the fridge for several days of tasty breakfasts. If you like broccoli, ham, and mozzarella, give this a try; so many people on Pinterest seem to be liking it!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- chopped broccoli pieces
- grated Mozzarella
- green onion (optional, but good)
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or other all-purpose seasoning blend
- fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
Can you vary the ingredients for this recipe?
I think this type of breakfast casserole is the perfect recipe to vary the ingredients based on what you have on hand! Check out my post with Low-Carb and Keto Breakfast Casseroles (Master Recipes) if you want ideas and measurements for making a breakfast casserole with what you have in the fridge.
Do you love the combination of Ham and Broccoli?
If you like the combo of ham + broccoli, check out my super-popular recipe for Ham and Broccoli Casserole au Grain!
How to Make Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Dice up enough ham to make 2 cups of diced ham and slice 1/3 cups green onions. Measure one cup grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Cook broccoli just 2 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Then pour broccoli into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well.
- Spray a 9×12″ casserole dish with non-stick spray and layer the broccoli and then the ham. Then put grated low-fat mozzarella and green onions over that.
- Season to taste with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or another all-purpose seasoning blend and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Beat the eggs and pour them over the other ingredients.
- Then use a fork to “stir” just until all the ingredients are coated with egg.
- Bake at 375F/190C for 35-45 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned.
- Serve hot. Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
More Tasty Low-Carb Breakfasts with Veggies:
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 6 cups chopped broccoli pieces, blanched about 2 minutes, then drained well.
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion (optional, but good)
- 10 eggs, beaten well
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or other all-purpose seasoning blend)
- fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a 9"x12" casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil.
- Dice ham, slice green onions, and measure the Mozzarella cheese.
- When water boils, cook the broccoli just 2 minutes; then pour into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well.
- Layer broccoli, ham, Mozzarella, and green onions (if using) in casserole dish.
- Season with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and fresh-ground black pepper and pour beaten egg over.
- Use a fork to "stir" the mixture just until all the ingredients are coated with egg. (It might look like there is not enough egg, but carry on!)
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until all the mixture is set and the top is starting to lightly brown.
- Serve hot, with sour cream if desired. This can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
I love Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) for eggs, but use any all-purpose seasoning you like.
This recipe was created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Broccoli, ham, Mozzarella and eggs are all good low-carb ingredient choices, so this recipe will work for low-carb or Keto diet plans, and as long as you use lean ham and low-fat mozzarella, this recipe would be approved for any phase of the original South Beach Diet. Use low-fat dairy if you’re following the letter of the law for South Beach; other low-carb plans will prefer full-fat dairy!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Check out Breakfast Dishes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2013. It was last updated with more information in 2021.